No announcement yet.

MLB 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry Krause yesterday and Dallas Green today. Built a great team on North Side that we hoped would make noise in the playoffs, but the curse continued. Too bad it didn't work out for longer with him and the Tribune. Two great talent evaluators in two days.

Comment

He won a World Series as a manager in Philly, and built the best Cubs team I had ever seen (1984) as GM in Chicago. He traded for Sandberg and Sutcliffe, got Dernier and Gary Matthews out of nowhere, and almost made magic. Woulda-coulda-shoulda.

RIP, Dallas.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's a lot easier to look back at those days, now that the curse is over.

RIP.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He was a good GM RIP
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What, no comments on the Molina play last night?? MLB says no rules broken, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make a rule for it. Pretty funny that he couldn't find it, though.

Cardinals reliever Brett Cecil says he doesn't know how a ball became stuck to Yadier Molina's chest protector but that he knew his catcher hadn't applied a foreign substance to his gear.

Comment

So if you're a Cubs fan, are you panicing yet.
              I'm worried about the starting pitching and lack of clutch hitting, but it's still earlier.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The starting pitchers are a concern, as is the defense.

But looking at the NL Central, I see no reason to panic.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

YET
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Cubs send Schwarber down (about time) and he will probably be there for a couple of weeks? I was wondering if they might do the same with Happ, but he woke up tonight. Arietta was back to form and hitting seems to be coming around. It would be nice if they could start making a move now.

Comment

Beating up on SD and Miami isn't enough. The four games in Washington are more important as a barometer of how they're progressing.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well we sneak out of Washington with a split on last minute heroics. Satisfied with that.

How do you guys think about the Montero Issue. I support letting him go. I thought they should after last year, so no problems now.

Let's hope those promising ones in the minors are actually promising.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I feel terrible for the Yanks' rookie, Dustin Fowler. Called up yesterday, makes his debut against the White Sox, then crashes into the RF wall chasing a foul ball in the first inning.

Ruptured patellar tendon. Out for the year. Didn't even get to bat. Brutal.

Video here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

Comment

Yeah, that sucks.
                            At least he can say he made it to the bigs.
                            Very small consolation.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So afters year of sports writers bemoaning the fact that the allstar game determined home field for the WS. Most of the coverage for the game opened with an almost complaint that the game was meaningless.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Interestingly enough, the ratings were up over last year.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X