No announcement yet.

Green Bay vs Kansas City in Super Bowl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Bay vs Kansas City in Super Bowl!

Here's some REAL football news... For the first time since its original broadcast, this Friday, January 15, 49 years to the day after the actual event, the first Super Bowl (actually called the AFL-NFL World Championship Game) will be broadcast. Set your DVR to NFL Network, 8pm EST.

Both the CBS (NFL) and NBC (AFL) footage has been lost for many years, so the game has never been re-broadcast in its entirety - just isolated plays. But, using a couple dozen different sources, NFL Films has managed to find footage of all 145 plays from the game, re-format, color-correct, and stitch it all together (a huge project) with original audio. Pretty damned impressive.

I saw the game on live TV back in 1967. I was 13.

It wasn't a great game (35-10 drubbing), but this is actually something of a historical broadcast event.
    No doubt with plenty of extras to remind us of how special it all is.

So if you're into that sort of thing, now you know.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Not just a JM post but JM thread. That's a new one.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Tried to edit the thread title for spelling, and that's what happened.
      I then reported the thread to Aeson. Hoping one will go away.
      But whatever.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well the game should be worth a view. Recorded of course to expedite viewing.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Tried to edit the thread title for spelling, and that's what happened.
          I then reported the thread to Aeson. Hoping one will go away.
          But whatever.
          NP... I just edited the title for this thread and deleted the other.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              Well the game should be worth a view. Recorded of course to expedite viewing.
              Resurrecting people and then playing again Live isn't practical.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Think you're clever, don't you
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Think you're clever, don't you
                  He does very well, for a Cowboys fan.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing this again. I remember plays from the game.

I'll never forget the two Max Fvcking McGee TDs in that game, subbing for Boyd Dowler. Huge. (Bears fan, but I'm from Fond du Lac, WI. I was rooting for the Pack.)

I am truly a lifelong football nerd. Ask me about the 1963 title game, Bears vs. the Giants and Y.A. Tittle. Ask me where I was in 64, listening to the Browns and Jim Brown destroy the real Colts - the last Cleveland title. But I digress.

Comment

Working...
                    X