Give me the bad news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me the bad news.

This is a list draft 20 team league, which starts 22. 500 players drafted. It is a bit deeper than I am used to playing.
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, 5xSP, 5xRP, 3xBN. Standard 5x5 scoring

How bad is it?

C Jonathan Lucroy C,1B
    1B José Abreu 1B
    2B Chris Owings 2B,SS
    3B Matt Carpenter 3B
    SS Jed Lowrie SS
    CI Freddie Freeman 1B
    MI Brock Holt 1B,2B,3B,SS,LF,CF,RF

LF Chris Coghlan LF
    CF Juan Lagares CF
    RF Kevin Kiermaier CF,RF
    OF Billy Hamilton CF
    OF Alexi Amarista 2B,3B,SS,CF

SP C.J. Wilson SP
    SP Jarred Cosart SP
    SP Mat Latos SP
    SP Tyson Ross SP
    SP Wade Miley SP
    RP Will Smith RP
    RP Jake Diekman RP
    RP Darren O'Day RP
    RP Kenley Jansen RP
    RP Luke Gregerson RP

BN Lucas Giolito SP
    BN Byron Buxton CF
    BN Jace Peterson 2B

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; April 2, 2015, 03:06.

the good news is that league is a terrible idea. So you can write this off and not worry about it.

The pitching is ..: not good. The hitters are probably well above average. Your OF has some possibility and your CIs are very good. Your MIs are at least par. I don't think I'd plan on winning too much here but you won't embarrass yourself as long as Abreu does well.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The pitching sucks. Hopefully I can find some on WW.

J

Comment

ugh

Comment

The problem is the 20 teams with 3 BN each won't leave many starters on the ww to pitch and ditch from but I still think pitchers are overrated anyway :P
          Even a mediocre one can have an amazing day if you pick the right opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            The pitching sucks. Hopefully I can find some on WW.

J
            Just keep a close eye on when teams are bringing their studs up... Take a lot of risks with the new pitchers and use your bench positions for Starting Pitcher prospects.
            You could get very lucky. Just keep taking risks and drop the duds.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Standard 5x5 scoring and 5 relievers/team is pretty ridiculous. That's 4 roster spots contributing very little of value to their teams.

Streaming starters to maximize Ks and Ws is probably your best bet pitching-wise. I'd also try to snag any guys with SP/RP eligibility that look to make a starting rotation, to make better use of your RP slots. Like Zach McAllister.
              Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
              Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
              Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead View Post
                Standard 5x5 scoring and 5 relievers/team is pretty ridiculous. That's 4 roster spots contributing very little of value to their teams.

Streaming starters to maximize Ks and Ws is probably your best bet pitching-wise. I'd also try to snag any guys with SP/RP eligibility that look to make a starting rotation, to make better use of your RP slots. Like Zach McAllister.
                I would pick McAllister up if he was available. However, the idea of digging in the SP/RP has merit. I could probably improve my ratios without giving up many Ks. I'm currently waiting for preseason DL designations (Wade Miley) to make a pickup.

I dropped Wilson for Rafael Montero, who had a dynamite spring. Trevor Cahill is currently hot, but I am not convinced.

I should do OK on SVs and ERA. Ks are middling. Ws and Whip are where I hurt.

Just picked up Josh Hamilton. There will be no suspension, though he starts the season on DL. Funny, in my shallower leagues, Hamilton was rostered as a speculation. With only three bench seats, he was on WW in this one.

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; April 3, 2015, 14:16.

Comment

LIMA time for you.

Comment

Originally posted by illram View Post
                    LIMA time for you.
                    There's a blast from the past.

I actually do well by Shandler's standards. Ross and Latos make them comfortably. Miley is a hair over on HR/9. Cosart is a bit low on K/BB. Montero has not ML track record of any size, but fits the bill based on his numbers in the minors. I have two closers, so the saves are (hopefully) in the fold. This is a good LIMA roster.

J

Comment

After much tweaking, this is the mound crew. Its a decent pen and a couple of good SP.

SP - Tyson Ross SD - SP
                      SP - Mat Latos Mia - SP
                      SP - Brandon Morrow SD - SP,RP
                      SP - Jarred Cosart Mia - SP
                      SP - Rafael Montero NYM - SP

RP - Darren O'Day Bal - RP
                      RP - Luke Gregerson Hou - RP
                      RP - Will Smith Mil - RP
                      RP - Jake Diekman Phi - RP
                      RP - Jim Johnson Atl - RP

BN- Lucas Giolito Was - SP
                      BN - Wade Miley Bos - SP