NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    The Bears will be as good as their QB. Mack will be transformative for the defense. The downside is that these are the cards they play for a couple of years. I don't expect the playoffs this season, but 2019-20 is very reasonable. At that point, it becomes trying to win the division.

J
    Agreed. I'm just hoping they have a relatively healthy season so we can see what they really are.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, it will all be on the QB. They are now locked in with no money to get a FA if this doesn't work and no first round draft picks to fix it that way. They better be right.
      At least the defense should be entertaining. And after the last handful of years, we really deserve something entertaining.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        True dat!!

• I can't believe Bears let the Pack do that to them again. Great first half but adjustments weren't made in second half. Kyle Fuller has to get that pick, Bears should have run on 3rd and 1 instead of four wideouts and O-line needs to play better in second half. Two mistakes by center and Leno letting up sack at very end also could have changed game if those don't happen. But they did look better overall.

Comment

• Disturbingly conservative coaching with a lead. Marched right down the field on first 2 possessions early, using lots of motion and gadget formations. Second half looked like Fox was back at the helm. Dammit Nagy, when you have them down, that's when you step on their neck and punish them.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, I prefer coaching to try to win instead of trying not to lose. But yeah, fuller bragged about getting 10 picks this year and missed the one that would have made him an instant hero.

As good as the offense looked in the first half, if you take away the pick six, it really wasn't much better than last year. Shame to give that one away.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, it was Amukamara who said he would get 10 INTs this year.

• "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Nice win by the Bears. Mack and defense played very well again, but again Trubisky missed a couple of plays. However, considering his lack of experience that is fine. That catch by Seattle receiver in corner of endzone was amazing. It was well defended, but Fuller needs to learn to turn and look for the ball.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Fuller clearly interfered and Lockett still made the catch. Great throw as well.

Bears D was pretty awesome. Great game by Trevathan. Once Leonard Floyd can shed his cast and Roquan get a few games under his belt, that can be a dominant LB group.

Looks like we're in for a lot of growing pains with Trubisky. Can't believe he missed Gabriel all alone down the middle.

• More growing pains with Trubisky, but we are committed now. Defense blows coverages early, but manages to hold off Cards even when offense was turning it over. Great play again by Mack as well as Akeem Hicks. Ugly win but with the losses by Vikings and Packers puts Bears in first place for first time in five years. We will enjoy it while it lasts.

Last time Bears were down 14-0 at halftime? The Dennis Green rant game which also ended in a 16-14 score.

Comment

• Week 3, even more bizarre than Week 2. The result?

I get to post something that hasn't happened since December 2013: The Chicago Bears are in sole possession of first place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-09-23 23.12.00.png Views:	2 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	9360645

A small victory and doubtless a temporary situation (much like 2013, when they lost their last two to miss the playoffs).
              So I'll enjoy it while I can...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Watching other highlights now. How is it the NFL office is the only one that doesn't know what a legal tackle should look like?

Comment

• Yeah, I mentioned that if the Bears won they would be in first and my wife just said whhaaaaaaaat. We'll enjoy it while we can. I kinda hope tampa gets killed tonight. I'd hate to see them coming in at 3-0 and feeling it. My brother who works for the local channel that covers the bucs has wrangled press credentials for the sidelines and their suite so he's flying in for the game. He'll have to root in secret.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Who would have thought Trib would be the QB with the most touchdowns in a first half for the bears.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What a game!! Hopefully we will see a lot more of that. That certainly will do wonders for his confidence.

Comment

• Amazing how much better you can look when you get almost all day to throw. (and simplify the game a bit)
                        Another day of getting chewed up in fantasy but between the cubs and bears, I really don't give a damn.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Amazing how much better you can look when you get almost all day to throw. (and simplify the game a bit)
                          Another day of getting chewed up in fantasy but between the cubs and bears, I really don't give a damn.

Comment

Working...
                          X