No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2014 Schedule and Team Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy Spain got hammered, they're such a tedious team to watch.

Comment

Tedious? It's like you've never seen Greece play (though it seems if someone scores early against them, they can actually play an interesting match).

Also, Poor England. I felt that the Welbeck substitution was a bad mistake. The team seemed to lose some energy right afterwards.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Stirling(sp?) was a delight, Rooney a nonshow.
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Messi
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Müller
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Playing like that, I don't see us with a lot of chances

Queue a repeat of last WC.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

About time we beat Ghana!

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I am happy, but with Altidore hurt, the USA will be hard pressed to get a point off Portugal.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The US was lucky to get the result it did. Ghana dominated the game from 20 minutes in, up to a bit after their goal. I heard someone said the US seemed to do much better when we needed a goal and that seems to be right. Our gameplan was not all that great for most of the game.

I'm VERY happy for the win (which I don't think we deserved), but if we play like that against a Portugal team that is angry, we'll get destroyed.

Heck, if Ghana was better at finishing, they may have scored 3 goals - they had the chances. What was it, 20 shots?

Comment

I think it appeared that Ghana dominated because of chicken **** coaching on the US's part. The US played like it was protecting a lead for most of the game. (Which is was)
                      When you're a couple of goals up I can defend that type of playing or if there's only a few minutes left to go. But to do it with only a one goal lead and 88 minutes to play is stupid.
                      And it almost cost them. I've always hated that type of thinking in any sport. (similar to what the black hawks did when they would get up by two goals and eventually lose.)

Keep playing like how you got there. I'd much rather go down in flames that way than playing a prevent type of game.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well there was also the fact that the US team couldn't string a pass together. It was embarrassing. Also the defending along the flanks was piss poor.

Comment

The passing I'll partially agree with, since if they were being more aggressive it might not have been that awful.

I will agree 100% on your flank comment.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd say that you have to be able to pass the ball effectively if you want to be aggressive .

Comment

If you're only trying safe passes, maybe not. Safe passes are more predictable so easier to defend. But then, I'm not an expert by any means.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If safe passes are easier to defend, they wouldn't be all that 'safe' would they?

Comment

Working...
                                X