No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2014 Schedule and Team Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't do that against quality European teams? You mean... how Donovan did it in the 2002 World Cup (where he also received the FIFA Best Young Player Award)?

Or his efforts (including 3 goals in 4 games) in 2010 World Cup... granted two of those goals where against non-European squads, but he equipped himself quite well.

Interestingly enough, guess where Brazil's top goalkeeper players his league matches - yep, that's the MLS. And you can't tell me that Sunderland's Jozy Altidore is a better player than Seattle's Clint Dempsey (and Dempsey left the Premier League with his club - Fulham - desperately wanting him back).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Only 15 minutes to go!!!

Comment

YIKES!! Own Goal off Marcello - Croatia are up 1-0!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Croatia have some excellent players, they get underestimated far too often.

Comment

Equalizer felt jammy! Neymar probably deserved a red earlier.

Comment

I see the ref was wearing yellow for that penalty.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Surprised the Mexicans beat Cameroon. They looked so horrid in qualifying!

Comment

1-1 at the half for Spain and Netherlands!

Comment

ROBBEN!!!

2-1 Netherlands!

Comment

3-1

Comment

Un-****ing-believable...

4-1

Comment

5-1...

No words.

Comment

I didn't have a chance to watch, What the hell happened? Is this spain getting old finally? They've been the best for a long time.

Comment

I listened to it on radio (will watch later). From what I read on Facebook, the Dutch savaged the Spanish offsides trap, consistently beating it. And Casillas apparently played really, really, really bad.

Comment

Casillas gifted a goal, I don't think he was that bad otherwise. He could do nothing about the first, arguably fouled for another. It was the defence on the ropes after the second goal that you felt the concentration dropped.

If I were Chilean I would fancy a pop at going through at Spain's expense (said before I have seen the Chile-Australia game - about to catch up now)
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X