Cubs and Whitesox Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs and Whitesox Question

For Cubs fans, is it worse that the cubbies haven't won one since the ottoman empire or worse that the whitesox have won one in recent memory
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

yes
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've never been a cross-town hater, so the White Sox winning the World Series didn't/doesn't bother me at all. Loved it, in fact. Better them than the Cards or Yankees. Some of their fans are bit douche-y about it, but I can't deny them their bragging rights. The century-plus without winning thing is beyond laughable at this point.

I live in the now. Days like today (blew a 3-run lead in the 9th) are what's really hard to take.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm a hard core Cubs fan.
        However, I've always supported both teams... frankly for most of my life, the only way the Cubs could ever play the Sox was if they were both in the World Series, so I've never really had a problem supporting both teams. Now, when they play each other, I root for the team that needs it more.

If there does come a day when the Sox play the Cubs in the World Series, I will root for the Cubs... But considering the Cubs track record...

I enjoyed the Sox World Series victory... at least they have won one in my life time.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree with Ming. I would like the Cubs to win one soon for my father who is 91. Today's loss was hard to take. Cubs always seem to have one quality pitcher for which they can't score runs or let up leads.

Comment

srs answer: I like the Cubs. I like the Sox.

I wish they didn't suck.

My dad was a huge cub fan. If/when they ever win, I'll think of him.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

More games the Cubs lose this year the better the 2019 Cubs will be

I'm a Sox fan through and through, but I'll happily root for the Cubs if it's not against the Sox. (I'll always root for the Sox in the crosstown series. Some years that's all you have.) As far as I'm concerned, the only people who feel they can only root for one of the city teams are those who don't understand sports fandom. You can't root for your rivals, sure, but the Cubs and Sox have barely played each other - more natural for the Sox and the Indians, Twins, Tigers, heck, Brewers to be rivals than the Cubs.

Cubs fans should hate that St. Louis has won so many World Series recently. They're the proper rivals (Much of southern Illinois is Cardinals country because they have a huge AM radio station that used to be the only way people could listen to baseball back when Ming and rah were young'uns. So it's a pretty tough dividing line between Cubs and Cardinals. I know families with split allegiances and it's not pretty.)
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I do consider the Cardinals as the big rivalry along with most Cub fans. Looks like it's going that way with the hockey teams as well.

Comment

I don't think the Cardinals will be the Blackhawks rivals. There's just not enough hate there.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                  X