Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done both brackets.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Did lombardi and poly @ CBS (not doing yahoo). If either bracket does well, I'll be shocked.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
        We can't send invites, but the join group procedure should be:

Wherein "Sport" = Mayhem
        Wherein "League Abbreviation" = polybracket
        Wherein "Password" = poly
        This is the one I was able to join. Can't get into any others.

Comment

I filled out the Lombardi and new CBS brackets.

Screw Yahoo, this isn't my only bracket group abandoning them. What were they thinking? Selling my email address wasn't enough for them? They need to be able to sell my phone number too?

Comment

Give Yahoo your feedback here. No phone number required

Comment

I'm hoping Yahoo has a massive shortfall in the number of eyeballs (and cell numbers) they promised to deliver to Quicken Loans.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

$1 Billion was too much for me to resist.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  $1 Billion was too much for me to resist.
                  How about the odds of winning that Billion dollars? Quicken Loans admits these are the odds:
                  “odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:9,223,372,036,854,775,808.”
                  That’s 1 in 9 quintillion and change.

Comment

Does that include play-in games?
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I don't think so.

Comment

Lost on the 1st day. Did not see Harvard or Dayton winning. But, I'm actually happy for them. The whole $1Billion thing was never real to me. Now, I'm really happy that Duke lost too.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I know nothing about these teams and I'm winning the office sweepstakes with my bracket picks. I'm starting to think that it's all luck and statistics - or that U.S. lawyers know even less about basketball than me.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Lots of dumb luck involved. I bet on Kansas making it through the first weekend without their big man and being unstoppable next weekend. Didn't pan out. I saw some people had Wichita State(possibly not in our bracket), lost to a Kentucky team that was unremarkable the last half of the season after an over hyped preseason #1. Duke loses in the 1st round (again) while playing virtually a home game in Raleigh NC. Upsets happen all the time, the blessing/curse of a 1 and done tournament format.

That Kentucky vs Louisville game in Indianapolis game looks to be insane. Two bitter rivals playing only a few hours from home, a rematch of two years ago Semifinal game, and they are the last two winners of the National Title.

Stanford and Dayton play each other, insuring that at least one double digit seed makes it to the Elite 8.

Tommy Amaker, coach at Harvard has won 2 NCAA games in the last two years. That's 2 more wins(and another appearance too) than he had during 6 years at Michigan where he never even made the tourney.
                            Last edited by H Tower; March 24, 2014, 16:01.

Comment

I had Wichita State. I knew they were given a tough road, but they impressed the hell out of me last year.

Too bad it's now 2014.

Comment

FWIW, I'm doing remarkably well on my ESPN bracket. I'm at 91% and in about 900,000th place. I was as high as 350,000.

But I only have one team left in the final 4.

At least that one team is the one I picked to win it all.

On Wisconsin!!!
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X