No announcement yet.

Fantasy Hockey 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That could be that he put the guy on IR in the current days roster. The guy would not be on IR for future days until you go to the day after current and put him on IR there.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Ah, ok.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Why was our trade deadline a month before the RL trade deadline?

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          Why was our trade deadline a month before the RL trade deadline?
          I should probably let NYE answer this, but my guess is because our playoffs start long before the RL playoffs (necessitating the earlier date)...but that's just a guess.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I'm not sure why that is the case. Not really any reason to have any trading deadline, is there? I mean, sure, in a regular season; but given this is a messed up one... being before the IRL trading deadline makes it very hard to judge where some players will be. Not that we've had much of any trading, which is too bad, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              I'm not sure why that is the case. Not really any reason to have any trading deadline, is there? I mean, sure, in a regular season; but given this is a messed up one... being before the IRL trading deadline makes it very hard to judge where some players will be. Not that we've had much of any trading, which is too bad, but...
              According to Apolyton legend there was a time (before either you or I were participating in Fantasy Hockey), where someone who had no chance of winning was accused of trading their players in a lopsided trade to one of the favourites. Whether the trade was actually lopsided or not has still been discussed (and doesn't need to be discussed again) but I think the trade deadline is more to prevent the appearance of impropriety more than anything else (though the very though of collusion at Apolyton Who would have thunk it! ).

Having said all that, I agree, with the season being so messed up, it does seem like the trade deadline is a little early
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Totally understand (and vaguely recall the details). Just not sure that a trade deadline halfway through the season makes sense, that's all.

Not that it matters if nobody's going to trade =/

Comment

• That was the default, and I never changed it.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• The latest it can be set is the 21st, or never.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Up to you; I'm not sure it really matters, given nobody seems to be doing trades this year (perhaps because of the shortened schedule). Anybody actually want to do a trade?

Comment

• Playoff time... trying to figure out if I'm lucky to have slipped into first over NYE (thus facing Asher/Leanne instead of Boo/Sparrow) or not. Also trying to figure out how I ended up in first place in general. Must be the Canadian helping me out

Comment

• LOL, thanks for posting snoopy....I haven't been following this all that closely (set my roster every week and see how I did the previous wek is about it)...I had no idea playoffs were starting. I had to laugh to see how much I dominated Asher in the last week of the regular season in the offensive categories....and lost all three goalie categories (both because I didn't get in enough goalie games and because the games I did get weren't as good as Asher's). The result of the week in a 5-3 win for me was key for the season ending standings (and Kontiki missing the playoffs by one point).

The result? A three way tie for 4th between Leanne, Asher and I...which makes me laugh. If I understand the tiebreakers, Asher and Leanne win over me on wins, and Leanne wins over Asher on the last regular season week (see above where Asher was 3-5 while Leanne was 4-4).

Now the first round of playoffs has the battle of Manitoba between Boo and I (though I no longer live in Manitoba I still call myself a Manitoban) and the Battle of Alberta between Leanne and Asher (though like the NHL Battle of Alberta both teams are below .500).

I'm not sure if I am more surprised in this messed up season to see 3 teams below .500 make the playoffs (meaning only 3 teams out of 10 were above .500) or that perennial favourite Kontiki missed the playoffs, or to see the early season favourite Guynemer finished one point out of last place.

Look out Boo! ;

Comment

• To be fair, Guy was only a point or two out of the playoffs before the final week where my team suddenly found its spark offensively (and thanks to Holtby for saving enough goals the final day to boost my sv% just over Guy's, or I'd have lost to NYE for first place on total wins). The final standings really don't reflect how close everything was - a few weeks ago I wasn't anywhere near the top until the last few weeks' rush, and no team was mathematically eliminated going in to the final week (and only one team was effectively out of it).

Comment

• Woo last place!
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I'm impressed, I thought you might have trouble making it there.

Comment

Working...
                                X