Fantasy Hockey 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    Damn. I had this pick listed as Wayne Simmonds (RW, Phi).

What do we want to do about it?
    Nothing?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Damn. I had this pick listed as Wayne Simmonds (RW, Phi).

What do we want to do about it?
      I don't see Simmonds being desirable in this league without PIM, so just don't worry about it.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I can change Simmonds to Doughty so that Leanne does not have to (it might cost her waiver position if she does it).

The question is who should get first crack at a player ranked in the top 80?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I'll man up and be that person.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I will pass on the option to pick up Simmonds. I don't think we should make that big a deal about it, it happens.
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I have no interest in him either. I'm not bothered at all.

Comment

• I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't point out earlier that Doughty was still on the available list on Yahoo, I noticed itwhen he was taken the second time, but it didn't occur to me to point it out to NYE (as I thought he was just missed, not that someone else was in his place).
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I can change Simmonds to Doughty so that Leanne does not have to (it might cost her waiver position if she does it).

The question is who should get first crack at a player ranked in the top 80?
                  Simmonds is not in any top 80 for our league... he's going to score like 50 points and maybe 15 PPP if he's lucky. He's a PIM goon, from what I can see.

Comment

• Glad that happened again. I became extra paranoid and had to double check the draft list twice before each pick. Should have pointed that one out earlier

Comment

• All good. Stuff happens. And the way they've been talking tonight... we might even have games to follow!

Comment

• Good job, everyone.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Now we get to wait!

Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Hi all

Interesting to peek in here at poly. It feels like forever since I stopped by. Great to see your draft went off well

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I used to pick heavily on +/-, and it never paid off for mme.
                            I am hanging out more on a fantasy hockey site and one of the stats guru guys says that the predictability of plus minus is very much less than most of stats. Apparently for more than half the players out there plus minus can look random.

Stmkos is a total minus 5 over 4 years. Malkin is a plus 43 over his 6 seasons but has two minus seasons out of 6. Giroux... It's plus 25 over 5 years but ONE YEAR was plus 20 and he was minus in two of 5 years overall.The best plus minus last year was Bergeron . He has been strong two years in a row for a two year total of plus 56 but his career number is plus 46. In the prior 5 years he had a minus 28 and four years between plus 2 and plus 6.

These are some of the best nhlers. Imagine the variability for the more regular guys. Imagine If they change teams or roles in a team?

You will find some folks that exhibit some consistency in being positive or negative but that is often a function of their teams strength. If the player moves teams or if the team improves markedly one can see radical shifts in a players plus minus. Etc etc
                            Last edited by Flubber; November 18, 2012, 12:05.
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Montreal Gazette offers information on latest national and international events & more.

You know this is a fantasy, because the Candiens are in first place...

Comment

• Not being a real hockey follower, I had to look at this a couple of times before it sunk in that the team was Wild, not the player. Good luck to him.

Wild goalie diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X