No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 99% certain Torres will be gone for the rest of the series, at minimum.

(I was also about 90% certain that Weber would've at least gotten a game, too, so my opinion obviously ain't worth dick.)

Really frustrated with the Wings-Preds series. The better team has lost every game so far. Rinne has been insane.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Torres will get many games.

Bear in mind that they count playoff games double the regular season as a guideline. A four game regular season suspension would be two in the playoffs. Weber likely did earn a one game suspension... in the regular season. I would bet he got a fine because it is the playoffs.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• wow.

Comment

• In happier news...the Philly papers are having some fun.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Two teams should be out tonight.
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Torres suspended indefinitely.
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                I am 99% certain Torres will be gone for the rest of the series, at minimum.

(I was also about 90% certain that Weber would've at least gotten a game, too, so my opinion obviously ain't worth dick.)

Well you were 9% less sure!! ON Weber I think they looked at what he did as not much different than a punch to the face. In game end scrums, those happen a fair bit with little consequence and I think they just saw this as a little worse than that

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

Really frustrated with the Wings-Preds series. The better team has lost every game so far. Rinne has been insane.
                It happens. Lundqvist stole game 3 from Ottawa-- I hadn't watched the rest of that series but in that game Ottawa kept coming in waves and NOBODY was beating Lundqvist
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Does anyone else agree that if a player is injured (in any sport) play needs to be stopped and officials (wherever they are) get to look at a replay to see if a penalty should be called or if a worse penalty should be assessed? In the case of Hossa, they didn't stop the game for 5-10 seconds after the hit when it was realized how severe it was. Then they had at least five minutes during which the higher-ups in Toronto or wherever they look at replays could have called in to Chicago and told them it should have been a five minute major and he should be thrown out of game. Considering the amount of time spent in hockey, football and basketball looking at goals, catches and time on clock, respectively, this should not be a problem to implement.

Stupidest thing about it was that after all that, Hawks were the one's that were short handed after it. If things had gone way they should worst that could have happened would be a four on four for two minutes and three minutes PP for Hawks. If they score there (not a certainty though), that changes game completely. Now Torres gives Coyotes a better chance to win. CRAP!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    It'll be the latter, plus a smattering of posts claiming the bias against the Canucks extends to the officiating which have called all of the games unfairly so as to give LA the advantage.
                    hmmm he never mentioned the Canucks much but on Luongo he is saying he is the best among his "contemporaries" by defining contemporaries to include guys 3 years older than Roberto but excluding those 3 years younger because then he has to deal with Henrik Lundqvist

hmmm -- all seven of Lundqvists seasons in the NHL have been during Luongo's career and really during his peak years of late 20s and into his 30s-- How can anyone argue they are not contemporaries??
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                      Does anyone else agree that if a player is injured (in any sport) play needs to be stopped and officials (wherever they are) get to look at a replay to see if a penalty should be called or if a worse penalty should be assessed? In the case of Hossa, they didn't stop the game for 5-10 seconds after the hit when it was realized how severe it was. Then they had at least five minutes during which the higher-ups in Toronto or wherever they look at replays could have called in to Chicago and told them it should have been a five minute major and he should be thrown out of game. Considering the amount of time spent in hockey, football and basketball looking at goals, catches and time on clock, respectively, this should not be a problem to implement.
                      Not that bad an idea= A 5 minute match penalty at the time might have turned the game-- If you can suspend a guy indefinitely for soemthing based on replays , why not an injury allowing a look at the penalty . What I don't want is that every call and non-call gets subject to review-- So the play stops because Toronto says there was a holding penalty

Comment

• No, this would only be in case of an injury.

Comment

• Players would feign injury to get reviews of plays and make the games take an extra hour.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            Players would feign injury to get reviews of plays and make the games take an extra hour.
                            That should be apparent too on the replay and a fakery should get a DOUBLE minor for unsportsmanlike-- If they want to get the cheap shots out they should also take big steps to get rid of the faking

Comment

• Schneider is confirmed in net for game 4.

It's official: he must be the new #1 goalie.

Luongo's only under contract to 2022 with a no movement clause. Hey hey. He's still got $54M coming his way in the coming years.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X