Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have baseball there.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

But its not the MLB, hence merchanising money going to JBL instead of MLB .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sooooooon.....

Taking Thursday afternoon off to watch Mets and Braves on Opening Day at a friend's place (my two buddies are Braves fans, I'm a Mets fan - should be fun )
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Great news for Cincy:

First baseman Joey Votto and the Reds agreed on the framework to a 10-year, $225 extension Monday, a source told ESPN.com.

Votto gets 10 years. Wow! Jocketty somehow got it done!

Comment

Lots of huge contracts this year!
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The biggest to 2010 NL Central 1st Basemen

Comment

2010?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well, technically they were all on their respective NL Central teams in 2010 as well .

Comment

And 2009 & 2011.

Comment

And what exactly do you have against the year 2008 (and a teeny bit of 2007)?

Comment

St. Louis vs. Miami at 7 PM starting the... American portion of the 2012 Regular Season .

Any predictions? Here are mine:

American League (ie, the Devil Harboring [DH] Division)

East: New York Yankees
                        Central: Detroit Tigers
                        West: Texas Rangers
                        Wild Cards: Los Angeles Angels followed by the Tampa Rays

National League

East: Philadelphia Phillies
                        Central: St. Louis Cardinals
                        West: San Francisco Giants
                        Wild Cards: Washington Nationals followed by the Milwaukee Brewers

World Series: Texas Rangers (3rd time a charm?) vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Comment

AL: Rays, Tigers, Angels, with Yankees and Rangers as wild cards
                          NL: Reds, Phillies, Giants, with WC = Dbacks, Marlins

WS: Tampa Bay over Philadelphia
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Your AL predictions sound pretty good. Lots of firepower in the AL this year. I don't agree on the NL though. I think the Nats will be knocking on the door, but not quite there yet this year. I hope to be proved wrong though.

American League (ie, the Dominant Hitting [DH] Division)

East: New York Yankees
                            Central: Detroit Tigers
                            West: Texas Rangers
                            Wild Cards: Los Angeles Angels followed by the Tampa Rays

National League

East: Philadelphia Phillies
                            Central: Cincinnati Reds
                            West: Arizona Diamondbacks
                            Wild Cards: Miami Marlins followed by the St. Louis Cardinals

Comment

I think the Nats are a more solid team front to back than the Marlins. Also the team was 80-81 last year (one game didn't count in standings - rain out likely) and added Gio Gonzalez and will get Stephen Strasburg back and Jordan Zimmerman for a full season (plus added Edwin Jackson as a 3/4 starter).

Comment

Real Opening Day is here!!

Comment

Working...
                                X