No announcement yet.

Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting, or winning? I can't imagine an All-Star starter going 5 innings, so how'd he get the win if he started?

Either way, that's awesome. Also, perhaps Panda just has Verlander beat? Maybe he has a tell?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The 5-inning rule for a starter to qualify for a win is altered for the All Star Game. It used to be 3 IP with a lead for the starter, but that may now be 2 IP...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Huh, you're right. Has that always been the case? In fact there are no innings requirements at all.

Originally posted by http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/official_scorer_10.jsp
        (e) A league may designate a non-championship game (for example, the Major League All-Star Game) for which Rules 10.17(a)(1) and 10.17(b) do not apply. In such games, the official scorer shall credit as the winning pitcher that pitcher whose team assumes a lead while such pitcher is in the game, or during the inning on offense in which such pitcher is removed from the game, and does not relinquish such lead, unless such pitcher is knocked out after the winning team has attained a commanding lead and the official scorer concludes that a subsequent pitcher is entitled to credit as the winning pitcher.

Comment

• Well, this is interesting. 2-0 Giants, but going to Detroit.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Saturday night, Vogelsong vs. Sanchez in a MUST win for the Tigers!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I said the Giants would have to get amazing pitching performances to have a chance... 2 for 2 so far. If their two top pitchers can outpitch the 3 and 4 from the Tigers...

Comment

• I think its well past time to acknowledge the job Dave Righetti has done as the Giants' Pitching Coach.

Comment

• Oh, he's quite good. But I think that the consistency hasn't been there; the Giants' pitching staff is good, but inconsistent. That's why I thought the Tigers would dominate - it will take most of the Giants pitchers having 'on' games for the Giants to win.

They've had two 'on' games so far

Comment

• Bleh.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Oh, don't worry. All you need is for Vogelsong or Cain to blow up, or preferably both. And if Verlander can blow up, I'm sure either or both can

Comment

• I am... disappointed. And utterly unsurprised.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• If the Tigers are swept, or nearly so, out of the series, does that affect Leyland's future with them?

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• I'm just saying... Lovie has taken a weaker team, frankly, to the superbowl and the NFC championships, and yet people call for his job on the basis of his failing to win it. These Tigers barely made the playoffs, with an all-star rotation AND a cast of big, highly paid hitters...

Comment

• ...in the 3-4 spots. With nearly ****-all elsewhere, apart from AJax.

The Tigers lineup is a ****ing wasteland other than those three. Our fourth best hitter is Delmon Young. DELMON YOUNG. You think about that. You just go ahead and sit there and think about that.

How you feel now, smart guy? Not too good, right?

Avila and Peralta just returned to the mean; there was no way on God's green earth they were going to repeat last year's performance. Andy Dirks might be the real deal, we'll see in another year. And even if he is: that would still give us just four above average hitters; maybe five if Avisail pans out.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X