Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Wow. Both the Yankees and Cardinals ousted. Unbelievable; my dream scenario.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Giants-Tigers will either be a sleepwalk for DET, or a competitive series, depending on whether SF's pitchers show up or not. Here's hoping they do and the series is interesting
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• So the Cards pulled a Cubbies - losing games when they only needed one to win?

And Ozzie is fired by Marlins. Gee, what a surprise!

Comment

• Holy Jeez, I never would have expected this so far from Game 1, esp with Verlander on the mound for Detroit (even if the Tigers come back).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yep... guess Verlander decided to get the jitters out by losing the first game. The Obama debate strategy, right?

Comment

• Kung Fu Panda definitely teed off tonight.

And how did Zito reclaim his old magic?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Maybe he went back to dying his hair? Didn't see the broadcast. Was he a platinum blonde again?

Also, small sample size, mr. stats-are-everything See also: Humber, Phillip.

Comment

• Small sample size or no, Zito had two wonderful outings back to back in these playoffs. Against the probabilities.

Comment

• Bleh. We better not be seeing a repeat of 2006 where the long break killed them. Tigers really need to stop sweeping teams in the ALCS.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think that's a myth. Rather, World Series games are harder than ALCS games, and sometimes you just lose. I still like the Tigers' chances here. The Giants may well wish they'd save two of those PandaBalls for the next couple of games...

Comment

• Remembering back to the All Star Game, maybe the NL just hits Verlander really good?

Comment

• Yes. Clearly it's that. Being in another league gives you magical pitcher-defeating powers

Comment

• I also prefer to think of that as the reason Zito sucked so bad after he signed with the Giants

Comment

• I'll generally support the home boys, American League, unless it's the Yankees.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Also, speaking of the 2012 All Star Game, it isn't just eerie the Verlander was the pitcher who got blown up, including a 3 run triple by Kung Fu Panda, but also that the winning pitcher in that game was the Giants' Matt Cain.

That's right, the 2012 All Star Game starting pitchers were San Francisco's Matt Cain and Detroit's Justin Verlander... when is the last time that the starting pitchers in the All Star Game both ended up in the World Series (also, on the teams they represented in the All Star Game)?

Comment

Working...
                                X