No announcement yet.

Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever of you get tired of the Yankees buying championships, let us know. IMO, they've cheapened baseball...in an ironic way.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Eight different teams have won the World Series in the last 10 years. Yankees only did it once. That works just fine for me.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I used to be a BIG cap guy, and part of me still wants something in place (such as drastically increased revenue sharing), but I see how dull the NFL has become and wonder if its worth it.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This is our year, Ozzy. I can feel it.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

since when are you a miami marlin fan?

Comment

You people who oppose a level playing field in a "sporting" competition are '*****.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                We'll see. I keep thinking next year will be it. We'll have V-Mart back again. Cabrera will be a bit more seasoned at 3rd. Maybe we'll pick up another piece or two.

But I'm fine with winning it more than once.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

That's like a sign at the bar, "free beer tomorrow". Tomorrow, the same sign is there.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Didn't you say the same about the Lions?

Comment

No.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Some people were making grand predictions for the Lions. I think I was pretty accurate. I was thinking 9-10 wins and possibly getting into the playoffs, but didn't expect anything from them if they made it.

I honestly don't know what to think about the Tigers this year. They will make the playoffs, thanks to their rather weak division. Once they get there... I have no idea. They could go out in the first round, or they could make the World Series, I have no idea. The Angels, the Rangers, the Yankees, Tampa Bay.. there are a lot of good teams out there. Prince is a definite upgrade over Victor Martinez, but not hugely so. Getting a backup for Avila is important for him to not be completely dead by October. The bullpen is improved, but not drastically so. I dunno. I think a good team can guarantee a playoff berth, but then all bets are off. Anything can happen in the playoffs, so who knows.

It'll certainly be a fun season to watch though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          You people who oppose a level playing field in a "sporting" competition are '*****.
                          Every visiting outfielder who ever had to deal with the hill agrees with you.

Comment

Cepedas hits a HR to held lead the A's to victory, to equal the Japan series 1-1. Now we wait until next week for the rest of the regular season to kick off.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Now we wait until next week for the rest of the regular season to kick off.
                              So stupid...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Its to expand the game's marketing footprint. Say what you will about Selig, he's made baseball a TON of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X