Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERFECT GAME, Matt Cain!!!!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Wow, nice. I caught the last pitch or two, hah. Perfect.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I have him. Proves out my declaration at League.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Galarraga

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Roger Clemens: In the eyes of the court, as guilty as OJ Simpson.

The former pitcher Roger Clemens was found not guilty Monday of lying to Congress in 2008 when he said he never used steroids or human growth hormone in his baseball career.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Holy crap, R.A. Dickey... 2nd straight 1 hitter. 11-1, 2.00 ERA, 103 K's, 0.89 WHIP. Insane!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Roger Clemens: In the eyes of the court, as guilty as OJ Simpson.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/sp...ury-trial.html

Another case of bull****.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Indeed.

And now pine tar? Stay classy Rays.

Comment

• Before steroids and HGH and the cream and the clear and other substances of superpower magic, we had old-school baseball: You know, stealing signs from center field, corking the bat, spitting on the ball, using the catcher's belt buckle to cut the ball, nail files, watering the dirt around the basepaths if the visiting team had speedy players, rubbing pine tar or other sticky goo on your glove, maybe a little K-Y jelly on the bill of your cap, pitching from six inches in front of the rubber, using superballs in your bat, taping a thumbtack to your index finger, altering the dimensions of the batter's box, tilting the foul lines, or even just a good ol' first baseman yanking a baserunner off the bag in a key moment of a World Series game.

Pine tar on the glove is as old as baseball itself!

Comment

• Youklis to the White Sox for a handful of parts:

The Boston Red Sox have traded infielder Kevin Youkilis to the Chicago White Sox for utility man Brent Lillibridge and right-hander Zach Stewart.

Good deal by the White Sox! Youk hasn't been all that great this year, but he's light years ahead of Chicago's other options. Gives them a MUCH better show of wining the division!

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

Comment

• Hate to see Lillibridge go (good riddance to Zach Stewart), but a small price to pay for a motivated (and hopefully productive) Youkilis.

My money's on a 3-way tie at 81-81.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            My money's on a 3-way tie at 81-81.
                            Probably right. What a shameful division this year.

Comment

• Bad news for the Cubs and their star prospect Rizzo:

In the most anticipated Wrigley debut in years, Rizzo went 2-for-4 with a game-winning RBI double in the Cubs' 5-3 win over the Mets before an attentive crowd of 34,064.
                              Already high expectations have just gone even higher.

Comment

• Yeah, maybe, but I'd rather have high expectations then outright failure. We've had a long list of can't miss prospects that missed.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X