No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, the Lions are starting a New Mexico State Aggie? That explains their problems... (NMSU is one of the worst Division I schools in football... While I was in Las Cruces, their normal record was about 2-11)
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Who says Urlacher is over the hill?? Sweet tackle from
      His knees...

Comment

• How can you say that... he can't even run on his own 2 feet anymore
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That shot of Stafford with grass in his face mask should be the front page of the Detroit Free Press tomorrow...

Comment

• UNBLVBL! BRING GUYNEMER THE HEAD OF MATTHEW STAFFORD!!!!!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• MRT, this would've been a much better week for you to have come to the city...

Comment

• Earl Bennett

Comment

• Too bad about the shutout. Big win for the Beloved.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If Guy is a Lions fan, the Lions have no fans.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Game was not that great, but part of it was Cutler's injury (glad it wasn't worse) where I think they kept it safe, with no long passes, because of the injury. Too many sacks and penalties with a few dropped passes by tight ends, but again defense played great. Plus, the Lions helped them out with the turnovers, esp. the one at the goal line. Nice play by Urlacher!!

With a smothering defense and emerging offense, the Bears might be the NFL's best.

One of only two teams in league with only one loss (behind Atlanta).

And say what you will about Lovie Smith (Ming!!), but under him Bears are 9-2 on Monday night.

Oh, yeah, and take that you pundits who say Cutler isn't thought. I think he silenced the critics tonight.
                      Last edited by Demonbinder; October 23, 2012, 03:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                        And say what you will about Lovie Smith (Ming!!), but under him Bears are 9-2 on Monday night.
                        Yes... he has improved their MNF record. (But that wouldn't have been too hard)
                        And yes, He is 76 - 58 (.567)
                        But he has only gotten the team to the play offs 3 times in his first 8 years, and has a 3 - 3 record.
                        And he has got to be the worst coach in the world when it comes to using his challenges.... and last night just added to the fun when he tried to challenge something that couldn't be challenged

I will say that he does get his players to "PLAY" for him, and for that, I do respect him... However, it just seems like he (or his coaching staff) make a lot of really bad decisions, and it continually looks like he gets out coached. He is not IMHO an elite Head Coach.

IF he win's a Super Bowl, he can change my mind
                        But until then, he hasn't proved that he is a premier coach.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You miss the obvious remedy. Pressure the NFL to schedule all Bears games on Monday night.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm a Lovie supporter. Considering the talent level he's had, especially on offense, his record is IMHO pretty damn good. Got to a Super Bowl with Rex Freaking Grossman, and lost his QB in the other NFC championship appearance. And don't underestimate that ability to keep his troops motivated. It's a pretty rare skill.

Now that he's got talent on offense (except perhaps the line), I expect a similar or greater level of success. But no way should his job be on the line.

Is he an elite strategic thinker? No. Is he an elite head coach? Well, even without a Super Bowl win, he would have a choice of jobs as soon as the Bears let him go. Kind of Jeff Fisher-like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              Yes... he has improved their MNF record. (But that wouldn't have been too hard)
                              And yes, He is 76 - 58 (.567)
                              But he has only gotten the team to the play offs 3 times in his first 8 years, and has a 3 - 3 record.
                              And he has got to be the worst coach in the world when it comes to using his challenges.... and last night just added to the fun when he tried to challenge something that couldn't be challenged

I will say that he does get his players to "PLAY" for him, and for that, I do respect him... However, it just seems like he (or his coaching staff) make a lot of really bad decisions, and it continually looks like he gets out coached. He is not IMHO an elite Head Coach.

IF he win's a Super Bowl, he can change my mind
                              But until then, he hasn't proved that he is a premier coach.
                              There are worse coaches you could have, which is always a distinct possibility when you play go fish.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                I'm a Lovie supporter. Considering the talent level he's had, especially on offense, his record is IMHO pretty damn good. Got to a Super Bowl with Rex Freaking Grossman, and lost his QB in the other NFC championship appearance. And don't underestimate that ability to keep his troops motivated. It's a pretty rare skill.

Now that he's got talent on offense (except perhaps the line), I expect a similar or greater level of success. But no way should his job be on the line.

Is he an elite strategic thinker? No. Is he an elite head coach? Well, even without a Super Bowl win, he would have a choice of jobs as soon as the Bears let him go. Kind of Jeff Fisher-like.
                                Plus losing Cutler last year to an injury when they were really starting to play well and GM had not provided a quality backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X