No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants are going to let RT McKensie walk via FA on March 13th. At 32 years old, he may be past his prime, but some O-Lineman can play great close to 40. He could very possibly have 6 good seasons left in him.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Reports are that 12 teams have contacted Peyton Manning to express interest. He supposedly will be favoring cities with good weather and/or domes.

Quick semi-random handicap of known suitors chances of signing him:

Miami 2:1
      Arizona 5:2
      Seattle 8:1
      Washington 10:1
      NY Jets 12:1
      Denver 20:1
      Tennessee 25:1
      Kansas City 25:1
      Cleveland 100:1

Supposedly this isn't going to take too long -- maybe within a week or so.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Whoever has number 18 in those cities could be getting ready for a big payday.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd hate to have to make that choice - great QB when healthy but is he?? But some of those teams can't be worse off if he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            Whoever has number 18 in those cities could be getting ready for a big payday.
            If he goes to the favorite Dolphins, that would be 3rd year WR Roberto Wallace:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Colts are clearing house:

The Colts are fielding telephone calls from teams interested in trading for perennial Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Colts also released halfback Joseph Addai, tight end Dallas Clark, safety Melvin Bullitt, linebacker Gary Brackett and quarterback Curtis Painter, the team confirmed.
              Dallas Clark?!

In other news, my Giants released Brandon Jacobs.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Thought this was interesting regarding Jacobs:

Jacobs, the Giants' fourth-round pick in 2005, is fourth in franchise history with 4,849 rushing yards and has a franchise record 56 rushing touchdowns.
                Really? The Giants really had some bad RB's over the decades, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Thought this was interesting regarding Jacobs:

Really? The Giants really had some bad RB's over the decades, I guess.
                  I can't even name an RB for the Giants before Tiki Barber
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

There was the Frank Gifford guy .

Also, Otis Anderson (though not nearly as well known as Gifford).
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Joe Morris and Rodney Hampton were decent for a while.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        There was the Frank Gifford guy .

Also, Otis Anderson (though not nearly as well known as Gifford).
                        Frank Gifford was playing before the Super Bowl existed. And I couldn't name the team he played on.
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Giants.

His Pro Bowl selections came at three different positions—defensive back, running back, and wide receiver.
                          Selected 8 times.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Giants.

Selected 8 times.
                            His stats are from a different era.

Comment

• I remember back when Tucker Frederickson was the great white hope in NY.

I also remember being shocked at the "pretty good" Otis Anderson setting all kinds of team records.

Yeah, I'm old. I saw the Bears beat Y.A. Tittle for the champioship in '63.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                                His stats are from a different era.
                                He competed against people of the same era. Apples to apples.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X