No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you that stupid, Ming? The bounty money was augmented by Gregg Williams himself. How is that player money? Or are you just shooting your mouth off without any facts once AGAIN?!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The cap issues come from the coaches throwing money into the pot along with the players.

However, it only makes a difference if the Saints (and Bills and Skins) were running so close to the cap that $10,000 pushed the total over $85+ million. I don't think that's the case.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Are you that stupid, Ming? The bounty money was augmented by Gregg Williams himself. How is that player money? Or are you just shooting your mouth off without any facts once AGAIN?!
        Yeah... and a lot of the money came from the players from the collecting of fines.
        And if you really want to argue that this SMALL amount of money makes one bit of difference when the cap is in the millions... then you are the stupid one.
        This story is NOT about CAP issues.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
          However, it only makes a difference if the Saints (and Bills and Skins) were running so close to the cap that $10,000 pushed the total over $85+ million. I don't think that's the case.
          A lot of teams run dangerously close to the cap during the year. There is a very fine balance in cutting players at the right time to get under the figure.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Now we have allegations of outside money as well, not just from Greg Williams.

"According to a memo sent to N.F.L. teams explaining the situation,
            money was contributed to the pool by at least one outsider, Michael Ornstein, a marketing agent who is close to Payton. Ornstein pledged $10,000 toward a quarterback bounty in the playoffs during the 2009 season, and offered substantial sums toward a bounty on an opposing quarterback last season on at least two occasions — once in an email to Payton.

From Yahoo:

"Ornstein is a former league employee who pleaded guilty in 1995 to scheme to defraud the league of $350,000.

“Knowing Orny the way I do, there’s no question that he’ll do whatever he has to do to save himself, and that could be very bad for a lot of people,” one of the aforementioned sources said. “You’re talking about a lot of money changing hands. A lot of money and a lot people.”

Despite the prior conviction, Ornstein maintained an insider’s presence throughout football. He was a regular on NFL and NCAA sidelines, at NFL owner meetings and a confidant to both pro and college players and coaches.

Ornstein, who also once worked for the Raiders, most recently served as marketing agent for New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush(notes). Ornstein was named last summer in the NCAA infractions case against USC for providing extra benefits to Bush and his family during the player’s junior season with the Trojans.

Since Bush joined the Saints in 2006, which occurred after these charges, he was “a fixture at practices, games and in the locker room,” according to the New Orleans Times Picayune. Saints coach Sean Payton used an entire chapter of his recent book to detail Ornstein’s contributions to the team. He was a regular on the USC sidelines and team practices during the hey-day of Pete Carroll’s dynasty.

“We will not have any comment on the personal legal issues of Mike Ornstein,” wrote Saints spokesman Greg Bensel. “They do not involve the New Orleans Saints organization. He is not an employee of the Saints.”

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29453...#ixzz1oNjHJYlL
            Not an employee of the team, but this guy seemed to have Payton's ear and full run of the field. Getting interesting.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Okay, this may have just become a VERY big deal...
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Well it looks like there are reports coming out that the Colts will not be paying Mannings bonus.

And yeah JR, that changes everything.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm waiting for the story about the team supplied hookers that were certified STD free. I can't wait for the explanations of that. "The players were going to have a hooker bash whether we gave them to them or not, so we chose to supply them with safe hookers"

Comment

Scuttlebutt is that this might all tie back into Sean Payton's Vicodin habit.

Paging Dr. House!
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Nice spin. So he now blames the drug manufacturer and sues them, in a lame case that may or may not win, but takes heat off him?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Don't get ahead, Sloww. At this point, it's just speculated that this Olmstead guy is a "fixer" who got "in" with Coach Payton because he was able to deliver Vicodin. It is thought that Payton had a problem in the addiction area. And he has worked pretty hard to keep it quiet.

Comment

Yep... now that changes everything. It's no longer a simple story...

And which team do you think Payton will end up on.
                          I'm betting on Miami.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Washington so he can face his brother more. I think Sexy Rexy has overstayed his welcome.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Washington will offer the most money, but that team's kind of a mess. I think Manning is more likely to go somewhere with a top WR to throw to -- Miami or Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Now we have allegations of outside money as well, not just from Greg Williams.

Not an employee of the team, but this guy seemed to have Payton's ear and full run of the field. Getting interesting.
                                Also more information that Sean Payton knew about all about the scheme. And reports that the Saints were told to knock this off a few years ago & the Saints said they would... and promptly ignored it.

Comment

Working...
                                X