No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, he'll do okay no doubt. But Roddy White is a top-5 WR; ESPN seems to be suggesting that either Julio Jones is also a top-5 WR, or Roddy will drop back significantly. Both are ludicrous.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
      Both are ludicrous.
      Both suggestions?

Or both receivers?
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The idea that Julio Jones is a top-5 WR (or should be projected as one, at least), and the idea that Roddy White is no longer a top 5 WR (again, or should be projected as one at least).

Comment

• I think it's possible that Jones surpasses White. Not in catches, but I wouldn't be surprised by yards or touchdowns - partially because White will demand so much attention from defenses. At least, that's why I drafted him where I did in IDP (which I'm sure most people thought was nuts).
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• snoop -- I did know what you meant. Just thought the syntax was amusing.

If the total number of passes thrown by Atlanta goes up by, say, 5-6 per game, it's possible that both WRs will be top-10, with Roddy doing the possession work and Julio chasing deeper balls. But my guess is that a lot of those added attempts are safety valves and checkdowns, with touches moving from Turner to Jacquizz and Snelling.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              snoop -- I did know what you meant. Just thought the syntax was amusing.

If the total number of passes thrown by Atlanta goes up by, say, 5-6 per game, it's possible that both WRs will be top-10, with Roddy doing the possession work and Julio chasing deeper balls. But my guess is that a lot of those added attempts are safety valves and checkdowns, with touches moving from Turner to Jacquizz and Snelling.
              Matt Ryan threw 35.4 attempts per game last year, 10th among QB's.

This is the crux of the matter. Do we really think he's going to throw 40+ times a game?

Last year, only Brees and Stafford threw 40+ times a game.

This is why the hype on Ryan has gone a little too far. The expectations require Brees-like volume.

I know how the Falcons are playing in the preseason but OC Dirk Koetter came from Jacksonville, where he was the OC since 2007. Jacksonville
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I'm of course assuming Ryan won't have a giant uptick in yards per attempt. Last year's 7.4 was the highest since his rookie year, so I don't necessarily see room for as much improvement.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You gonna draft in DST?
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• This custom Madden cover is making the rounds:

Comment

• Apparently Witten won't need surgery.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I'm fine with him waiting until Week 2, or Week 3.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sweet, got a $2 bargain in my auction keeper league!

Comment

• Colts' Irsay says a 'serious' trade is in the works.

MJD to Indy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Colts' Irsay says a 'serious' trade is in the works.

MJD to Indy?
                              HOLY ****, THATD BE CRAZY.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• da bears
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X