No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilfer assessing QB's always makes me laugh.

Steve Young does it, great. Dilfer...

Forget Cutler. Another QB getting hyped to death is Matt Ryan. Peter King claimed he'll throw for 5000 yards this year. His average draft position in fantasy leagues keeps climbing:

Jaguar is apparently all-in on the hype.

I'm just not so sure. Why do we think now, after four years of being basically a glorified game manager who completely falls apart in critical games, Ryan will suddenly ascend to the level of Brees and Brady? I mean granted he's still young and granted Brady and Brees were older than Ryan when they took their games to the next level but the expectations for Ryan seem a little high.

I don't see Atlanta abandoning the run and their defense is solid enough that Ryan won't have to throw all over the field and inflate his stats.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 20, 2012, 09:59.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Julio Jones's stock is going (way) up and Ryan is getting a bump from that.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• More important is that Atlanta has a new offensive coordinator, thus a new philosophy.
        They plan to go no-huddle as one of their base packages, which always means more throwing.

In two preseason games, Atlanta has run 100 pass plays and only 39 rushes.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It's interesting that Baltimore is also doing the no huddle. Flacco and Ryan have had such similar careers.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I don't see Atlanta abandoning the run
            I see you haven't been following the Falcons lately .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think if you look at Michael Turner's ADP you'll see that basically everybody in fantasy thinks ATL is abandoning the run. Even for a committee back he's pretty darn far down for someone who was a top ten back not long ago. He took a fall that looks like what Antonio Gates would if Mike Martz became the SD OC, and without any obvious injury problems.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I predict Turner will go public as a very unhappy camper around Week 4.
                He's not a passing game weapon, and has already been spouting "I need my touches" rhetoric.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well, they can always get an extra football and give it to him on the sideline so he can touch it all he wants.

Comment

• Ryan Tannehill was named the Miami Dolphins' starting quarterback Monday for the team's season-opener at the Houston Texans.

With his NFL debut still more than two weeks away, Ryan Tannehill can already boast of an achievement unprecedented among Miami Dolphins quarterbacks: He won a starting job in his first training camp.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Glad to know they finally admitted the obvious (that he was their only choice when Garrard went down.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        I think if you look at Michael Turner's ADP you'll see that basically everybody in fantasy thinks ATL is abandoning the run. Even for a committee back he's pretty darn far down for someone who was a top ten back not long ago. He took a fall that looks like what Antonio Gates would if Mike Martz became the SD OC, and without any obvious injury problems.
                        I think part of that reflects that he's 31 and has been consistently getting tons of carries each year and that he also is a non factor at all on recieving. He's had something like 51 career receptions. McCoy had almost that amount last year alone.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Nonetheless he regularly scored fantasy points over the last several years, and he didn't start for a few years (behind LT) so he isn't quite like a 31 year old RB. If the Falcons were still run-first, he'd still be a big factor in fantasy. Their likely pass-first offense is why he's being relegated to near-irrelevance.

Comment

• You'd have to be a fool not to pass it to white or julio. (and Gonzo)
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• James Quintong takes a look at which Falcons wide receiver will have the better fantasy season in 2012.

I suppose Julio could have a Desean Jackson type year and outpace White, but White is the safe bet. He will have his usual 100 ish catches and bazillion yards, and plenty of TDs. Julio might end up with a handful of long bomb TDs, but that's not a recipe for success in fantasy year to year.

Comment

• I had Julio Jones last year and he did OK.

The Tennessee Titans will start quarterback Jake Locker in their Sept. 9 season opener against the New England Patriots.
                                The Tennessee Titans will start quarterback Jake Locker in their Sept. 9 season opener against the New England Patriots.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X