NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Seeing as our bet was playoffs - it was a push.

The good thing is that Vick stunk up the joint so badly last year that Desean was devalued.

It's like asking if the cripple is better than the gimp.
    I find it fascinating that a QB having a season with a passer rating of 84.9 is stinking up the joint...

Funny. Last year:

Vick: 3303 yards, 18TDs, 14INTs in 13 games
    Hasselbeck: 3571 yards, 18TDs, 14INTs in 16 games

You had high praise for Hasselbeck's performance last year but Vick stunk up the joint?

Sonned.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Russell Wilson now has had two really good preseason performances. Does it mean anything?
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The fact that the Seahawks are shopping Tarvaris Jackson would indicate that it means Wilson has earned a backup job, despite being under 6 feet tall. FThey seem committed to Flynn as their starter.

BTW, Kirk Cousins looked sharp in leading the Redskins comeback against the Bears last night.

Apparently the Big 10 is still producing NFL-quality backup QBs...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wilson's outplayed Flynn so far. And it's not really even close.

If Pete Carroll plans to make the most informed decision, he should have Wilson start the next preseason game and see how he does against a 1st team defense.

Comment

• Why quantify it as 'backup QBs'? Not only has Willson (the former Badger ) out performed Flynn, but Cousins has done the same to RG3Jr.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Cousins won't be starting. Redskins can't have that happening.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Oh, I know he won't (and neither will Willson), but he's has outplayed RG3Jr so far this preseason.
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• That just means Cousins will be the backup instead of Rex.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Actually, Rex will be the backup, but only for this year. Cousins did lock up a roster spot last night however.

I find the fact that he's mentoring both the rookie QBs to be immensely amusing.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If I had 3 wishes to use on the Redskins for this season they'd be: beat the Cowpats and don't let Rex take the field.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I just watched NFL network debate who will have a better season.....Aaron Rodgers or Jay Cutler...I know there are a few Chicago Bears fans on here....is anyone else (in Chicago for instance) making that comparison? He could have an awesome season this year, but there is no way I would expect Rodgers numbers from him.

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• For whatever reason, a lot of experts are in love with Jay Cutler. At the start of the 2007 season, I remember ESPN's experts ranked the young QB's. Cutler was the unanimous selection as the best young QB with the brightest future. Eli Manning was at the bottom. So much for experts.

I think he'll look more like his Denver days, though. He'll be a 4000 yard passer with 25+ TD's, but not on that 4500 yards 30+ TD's you expect out of a Rodgers.

Comment

• I've been known to drink some cool-aid when it comes to football, but I don't do drugs. It's be nice to compare him to Rodgers (and do think he can be a top 5 QB), but to expect it is just going to end up in failure.

Comment

• With Tice running the offense and a couple real WRs in town, it's easy to think Cutler's numbers will go up. But he's not even top-10 in any fantasy listings I've seen. I expect improvement, but he's likely the #3 QB just in the NFC North statistically.

There's a lot of optimism in Chicago, but I haven't heard any talk about Rodgers-level performance from Cutler around here this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                                .I know there are a few Chicago Bears fans on here....is anyone else (in Chicago for instance) making that comparison?
                                The comparison is being made, but it isn't favorable to Jay.

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                For whatever reason, a lot of experts are in love with Jay Cutler.
                                You obviously haven't seen Trent Dilfer talk about Cutler

Comment

Working...
                                X