No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so long as you don't let ice and snow fall off the roof and injure people!
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      What's even funnier is that the local outlets here were sounding hopeful that it might actually happen. Yeah. Maybe after we build a bigger stadium with a roof. Or they start holding the game in May.
      Dan Pompei of the Trib laid out all the reasons against having a Super Bowl in Chicago. At least some of the sports writers have their heads screwed on straight, at least on this.

Comment

• They were also against it on the Boers and Bernstein show. Though I think there should be outdoor Super Bowls (it is football, after all) and used to be for one in Chicago, I now don't think it should be here. Too many headaches for the city and it is usually not a moneymaker for the host city.

Comment

• Rahm is trying to raise Chicago's global profile through hosting major events. He doesn't care what it is, so long as the national and international press are here to see how awesome the city is. I'm sure he knew going in that getting a Super Bowl here was a longshot at best without a domed stadium.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• great, another Daley. How about fixing the budget deficit instead? How about selling off real estate taxed next? Because the parking meter lease went so well.

Comment

• I thought most Chicagoans loved Daley.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Pre 2004 or so, sure. The failed olypmic bid, the parking meter lease and running out the "balance the budget today at the expense of the future" schemes soured many. He still would have been elected again if he chose to run.

Comment

• Auction league is back up and running.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• What is the best QB/WR combo in the NFL?

51%
                    Matthew Stafford & Calvin Johnson

31%
                    Tom Brady & Wes Welker

9%
                    Matt Schaub & Andre Johnson

9%
                    Cam Newton & Steve Smith

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• No Eli Manning & Victor Cruz?

Seriously? Victor Cruz only had 1536 yards and 9 TDs last year.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Some Matt Ryan & Roddy White love would have been nice too. They've only connected for at least 100 receptions in each of the last two years.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• More history than one year and throw in potential,and it seems accurate.
                          Al, not everyone creams their jeans over Eli Manning.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• More history than one year would seem to knock out Cam Newton as well .

Comment

• I agree.

Comment

• 91% of the voters would seem to agree with both of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X