No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should that team be any different for TO? He is the same wherever he goes which is why I was glad he never played in Chicago. Too much trouble.

Comment

• He was pretty team-oriented his one year in Buffalo.

And you got to give him credit for coming back early from a broken leg to play in the super bowl with the Eagles. That was gutsy. The guy has a lot of heart when he's doing what he wants to do and the fact that he retained so much elite physical talent even at his current age says a lot about his resolve in the gym.

When he has to do something he doesn't want to do, though... that's another story.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I knew it was too good to be true...

The NFL has decided against postponing the 2013 Pro Bowl, and will hold it in Hawaii on January 27.

The NFL had internal discussions about getting rid of the game altogether, which would have been a better idea. Instead, they're giving it one last shot. In a Wednesday press release, the NFL and NFLPA acknowledged that "in recent years ... quality of the game has not been up to NFL standards." The players ultimately decided that the Pro Bowl is "an important tradition." (And they get free trips to Honolulu.)
        May 30 - 3:13 PM
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, but there is good news...
          Instead, they're giving it one last shot.
          And I see nothing that will make this "last shot" any better than the previous games... so hopefully, we can stick a fork in it after this last shot.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The NFLPA said they have been talking to the players about it. Yeah, right. It still won't change the minds of the upper level guys. They will still decide not to go. Just get rid of it already.

Comment

• If you dislike the ProBowl so much, why do you pay attention to it? I'm proud not to have watched the annual scrimmage since before Orlando Pace started making it to the Pro Bowl.

Comment

• Like you, I can't remember the last time I even watched a minute of the Pro Bowl... however, it's impossible to avoid all the media hype
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Since when? I stop paying attention to the NFL the second after the SuperBowl celebration party ends and Hell if I know which players made the Pro Bowl.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• There is only football.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Man, you're summers must suck
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Why do you think I played semi-pro summer football until I was 35?
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          Like you, I can't remember the last time I even watched a minute of the Pro Bowl... however, it's impossible to avoid all the media hype
                          you desperately need a radio that isn't tuned just to 670am or 1000am. Not to mention a TV that isn't tuned only to sports channels. Or try MLB Network or the BigTen network if all you care about is sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                            you desperately need a radio that isn't tuned just to 670am or 1000am. Not to mention a TV that isn't tuned only to sports channels.
                            Uhhhhh... what else is there to listen to or watch
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• The mayor of Chicago asked Goodell for a Super Bowl in Chicago yesterday.

Comment

• What's even funnier is that the local outlets here were sounding hopeful that it might actually happen. Yeah. Maybe after we build a bigger stadium with a roof. Or they start holding the game in May.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X