Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decastro? He's fallen a lot so far.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Lots of talent left. I'd like to see them trade down, but doubt there are any takers.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Doubt they will go offensive, even a lineman, but we are about to find out. Right, an OLB. Good, they need to start thinking about that position.

Comment

• Wow, Shea McLellin, Boise State. His name has not come up all week around here.
          Seems like a reach.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• ESPN guys said his name was moving up the board all week. He was ninth rated player on Kipers board at the time he was selected with OLB's Lavonter Daivd of Nebraska and Courtney Upshaw of Alabama immediately ahead of him.
            Last edited by Demonbinder; April 26, 2012, 22:10.

Comment

• I figured they would go with Mercilus. But like I said, I'll cut Emery some slack.

This year.

Comment

• And Weeden goes 22nd overall. 28 year old rookie who will be 29 during the season.

Cleveland still needs a WR.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So do the Rams.

Comment

• Consensus seems to be that the Vikings were the big winners in the first round. When you can trade down and still get the player you wanted (and everyone knew you wanted), you know you did a good job.

Comment

• A far cry from their years of losing picks for time limit violations.

I can't say I'm happy with the Bears. But maybe I just don't know enough about McLellin.

Saw Andrew Luck on Letterman last night. He does have kind of a doofus thing going on...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Saw Andrew Luck on Letterman last night. He does have kind of a doofus thing going on...
                        I knew it wasn't just me. If you enter "Andrew Luck looks" into google, the auto-completes are: "like a caveman" and "retarded"

Still, he did go to Stanford and scored high on the wonderlic so appearances are deceiving.

Comment

• You finally have learned not to judge a book by its cover?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Bears' first rounder met the local press today. The Bears are sure he's a DE, but he looks like a linebacker to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              The Bears' first rounder met the local press today. The Bears are sure he's a DE, but he looks like a linebacker to me.
                              This was NFL.com's scouting appraisal from quite a bit before the draft:

McClellin has started three consecutive years at defensive end for Boise State. He is an undersized DE who 3-4 teams will value at the OLB position. At just under 260 pounds, he can struggle at times against bigger linemen, but he has fifth-round value.
                              Yikes. But yeah under 260lbs is not a 4-3 DE. He showed impressive speed at the combine (4.63 40; 2nd among DE's to only Bruce Irvin) but he's small and not very strong (19 reps at bench, 31.5 inch vertical).

Looks like an OLB to me.

Comment

• Yes, he does but Bears obviously think they can turn him into a premier DE. We'll just have to wait and see. Meantime, theymoved up in second round and took a WR, Alshon Jeffrey out of South Carolina. This was not a reach.

Jeffery was projected as a late-first to early second-round pick.

At South Carolina, Jeffery caught 183 passes for 3,042 yards and 23 touchdowns in 33 starts, before renouncing his senior year of eligibility.

Another big receiver for Cutler.
                                Last edited by Demonbinder; April 27, 2012, 20:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X