NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    WR Jerome Simpson signs with the Vikings (and receives a 3 game suspension).
    I didn't know that signing with the Vikings was cause for suspension...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Guess what Lions' fans!

Calvin Johnson is the next Madden 13 cover athlete!
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Assuming the Colts draft Luck and RG3 goes to Washington, who has the the better percentage of wins as a starter? I bet it is RG3.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
          Assuming the Colts draft Luck and RG3 goes to Washington, who has the the better percentage of wins as a starter? I bet it is RG3.
          RG3. He plays for the better team and probably is the better QB to begin with.

The only qualifier is that the NFC (and NFC East) > AFC (and AFC South) by a lot. He'll face stiffer competition than Luck.

This year, RG3's Redskins will face the NFC South, the AFC North, with games against the Vikings and Rams. Tough schedule.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Pro Bowl will be suspended this year, according to reports. Sources show doubt beyond 2013.

Comment

• The players don't actually play above a scrimmage level anyway.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No one wants the game. It has sucked for decades, and most true stars avoid it like the plague due to injury risk..

The NFL should just make sure that whatever it funds (NFL charities?) is taken care of and end it. Make All-Pro something that only happens on paper.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Turn it into a skills type competition. Anything to make it watchable.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    No one wants the game. It has sucked for decades, and most true stars avoid it like the plague due to injury risk..

The NFL should just make sure that whatever it funds (NFL charities?) is taken care of and end it. Make All-Pro something that only happens on paper.
                    They said they will continue to do the fan/player/coach voting of the Pro Bowl to go along with the press All-Pro. That does mean no need for Pro Bowl alternates anymore which will shrink the total number of pro bowlers each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      Turn it into a skills type competition. Anything to make it watchable.
                      They had a skills challenge and no one cared.

Comment

• Neil Rackers signed with the Redskins to compete with Graham Gano.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          They had a skills challenge and no one cared.
                          Marketing, marketing, marketing.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Screw the Pro Bowl chat; that game is dead whether the league realizes it or not. What I'm wondering about is first-round trades tonight. There seem to be a lot more rumors than usual.

Comment

• The trades won't start until the draft does. (the only prediction I have, with the exception of the first two picks which I figure everyone is predicting)
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Going out on a limb here, but I honestly think Andrew Luck will go first overall. Don't be surprised to see Luck in blue and white next season, he has all the intangibles needed to be a successful NFL quarterback. He can make all the throws, is comfortable in the pocket and knows how to read the game. He's an underrated athlete, great speed and toughness, his vision down the field is impeccable. Good size and height as well, he's a prototype QB and a man that can be the face of the franchise.

I have him #1 on my big board.

I'm also thinking that Baylor QB at #2 to the Redskins but that's just a wild guess. Don't hold me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X