No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw that the Bears let Amobi Okoye go and he just signed with the Bucs. He's really been a bust, hasn't he? The thing is, he'll be entering his 6th season and he's only 24 years old. I thought getting drafted at 19 was too young, even just from a physical standpoint, let alone a maturity one.

But considering how most players are still in development at age 24, it's not inconceivable that Okoye could emerge as the star he was expected to be.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He's going to have miles on him at an early age. He could still have a good career.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• go 49r's....piss off all the season ticket holders by jacking up the price to about 180% of last year

to pay for Randy Moss....aaaccckkk

so when to talk/do about Fantasy FB ?
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• I WIN! I didn't bring it up first!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• It's still baseball time for fantasy sports. Give it a few months, and then we will be talking fantasy football
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm worried about the Bears' defense, and wanted them to keep Okoye. He wasn't spectacular, but was a good rotation DT and definitely has the talent to be rostered. Tampa has made a lot of good additions this off-season.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Pick No. 19
                Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
                On pure talent, he'd be a lock top-10 selection. The Bears may have designs on an offensive tackle, but if this pass rusher is available, Julius Peppers will call in the pick for his fellow Tar Heel.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• The Bears have been pretty open about their desire for a bookend for Peppers.

Did you find a website actually predicting this?
                  No way Coples falls to 19. But if he does, he's a Bear. That would be tres sweet.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    The Bears have been pretty open about their desire for a bookend for Peppers.

Did you find a website actually predicting this?
                    No way Coples falls to 19. But if he does, he's a Bear. That would be tres sweet.
                    You should have clicked on his link... it's a mock draft from nfl.com that shows he could make it to the Bears
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I should have put the quote in quotes. Laziness prevailed.

Comment

• The first six picks of that draft are very plausible.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I've seen him Coples listed around #12. OTOH, just read a piece from Mayock saying he wouldn't draft Coples due to "bust potential."

NFL Network's Mike Mayock indicated on Path to the Draft that he wouldn't pick North Carolina DE Quinton Coples regardless of round if Mayock were general manager of an NFL team.

Mayock acknowledges that Coples has all the talent in the world, but he wouldn't be on Mayock's draft board. "If I'm a GM, I'm not taking him in the first round," said Mayock. "I might not take him in the second round. The bust potential is high." Mayock went on to explain that he couldn't find "any" strong senior-year tape from Coples.
                          Interesting.

Comment

• I want to read what Gil Brandt has to say. He's the long-time guru. Rich Gosselin, of the Dallas News, is pretty accurate, too.

Comment

• Brandt lists Coples at #4 in his top 100 prospects.

Linky: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...content_stream

Comment

• Thanks. I like keeping up with him. Ranking isn't the same as draft position and the choice that's made, but I want to have this, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X