No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, no team in position to draft #1 has improved so much on both sides of the ball as to give the QB the possibility of 600+ plays from scrimmage, while still being so limitedly one dimensional on offense.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• So it's Ben's contention that Andrew Luck deserves ROY because of Bruce Arians' game planning?

Yes, of course. That makes so much more sense than evaluating how the players performed!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Come on, draft. I love the draft.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• That's for next season. Which should be a different thread.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I would start one but then it would sink, so what's the point?

I see a lot of mock drafts that have Chicago taking Manti Te'o. That would probably be good. Continue the Bear tradition of MLB.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• God, I hope not. O-line and TE are huge needs.

Comment

• Given the Bears' ability to draft O-Line, I think perhaps a MLB would be more useful...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Not sure I want Te'o to be that guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    He wouldn't have gotten 600 attempts as a rookie if he wasn't effective with them.
                    This is great...

1. Tom Brady (733/2022), 2. Matthew Stafford (727/2012), 3. Tom Brady (719/2021), 4. Justin Herbert (699/2022), 5. Drew Bledsoe (691/1994),

Matthew Stafford this past year is most effective passer of ALL TIME!!!

FWIW, Joe Montana's highest passing attempts in a season was 520. Obviously he was not as effective a passer as Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      Not sure I want Te'o to be that guy...
                      Haha. I don't know enough about him myself to make that decision - but perhaps this is 'buy low'?

Comment

• This fake girlfriend thing would have been one thing to pause on, but especially after his non performance in the Alabama game, one has to wonder just how good he may be.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I'm not sure comparing college players to Alabama players is ever fair. They are sized like an NFL team on the O-line, for goodness' sake. Spend your whole career shaking off blockers who are 5'11" 240#, and all of a sudden you face a team that's 6'2" 300# at every position?

Comment

• Well that would make a decent test for if you want to draft an MLB in the 1st round, no?

Comment

• Nah. It might make a decent test for someone you wanted to start right away, but most college players bulk up a lot between leaving college and over the first NFL year. Particularly in positions like MLB, that require a larger player but still agile, it takes time to grow into the full frame. I certainly don't mind taking someone who is a high potential MLB who doesn't quite have the size yet, but will in a year or two; particularly for a team like CHI who has a MLB who could hang around for another year or two to mentor him and fill the spot while he's growing out.

Comment

• Most 1st round draft picks, though, are thrown in right away, which the exception of QBs, but even there these days they are being cast into the starting role.

Comment

Working...
                                X