No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A QB gets worse than that on every passing play.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yes, Frank Gore had to pay $500 more for out of regulation socks

It's Brady. I don't even think it's a QB thing. It's Brady.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
        I'm so glad Brady got fined for throwing his leg up on that slide, but only $10K? Isn't that less than another player got fined for not having his socks at the correct length? How stupid is that. Just goes to show that there is a different standard for QB's. Any other playing doing that would have been called for a penalty and fined, probably more than $10K.
        AFAIK, 10k is the minimum fine for (first offense) unsportsmanlike conduct, whereas Gore is a repeat uniform offender ( ) and so his fine was doubled.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• This is why I am not a fan of Ray Lewis and do not want the Ravens to win. He is being his usual self promoting arrogant self by not answering questions about the "deer antler spray" which contains a substance banned by the NFL. "I've never failed a drug test..." is his response. On top of that he is confronted again about the murders from ten years ago where he was convicted of obstruction of justice, but he feels no one there is "qualified" to ask him questions about it. HUH??? Why do you have to be qualified? Plus he talks about how it affects him and his family every day. Doesn't he realize it affects the families of the victims even more and maybe if he had talked they would have closure? But, no, it's all about him!

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
            This is why I am not a fan of Ray Lewis and do not want the Ravens to win. He is being his usual self promoting arrogant self by not answering questions about the "deer antler spray" which contains a substance banned by the NFL. "I've never failed a drug test..." is his response. On top of that he is confronted again about the murders from ten years ago where he was convicted of obstruction of justice, but he feels no one there is "qualified" to ask him questions about it. HUH??? Why do you have to be qualified? Plus he talks about how it affects him and his family every day. Doesn't he realize it affects the families of the victims even more and maybe if he had talked they would have closure? But, no, it's all about him!

Anyone that brings up the incident at the night club at this point has run out of relevant material related to Ray Lewis.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Nope. A pro athlete being involved in any form with a murder is going to be relevant anytime that athlete is discussed.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Pretty much. Ask O.J.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Meh, I think I side with Ray on that one. It's been ten years, it's not news anymore unless you're writing a biography. Asking the same questions over and over again is pointless, and if I were in his shoes I'd be pretty annoyed about it.

The deer antler spray on the other hand...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• So you favor whitewashing as a viable alternative to justice? Or are you just tired of hearing Lewis dance around it again? Lying to police, his white suit suddenly missing, the weapon with no blood or DNA evidence on it, the ridiculous plea deal (accepting testimony against his two buddies from a guy who just admitted he's been LYING ABOUT IT!)... It stunk to high heaven then, and it still does today.

Plus, the incident happened at the Super Bowl. OF COURSE it's relevant when Lewis returns on his retirement tour.

And make no mistake, after the whitewashing deal was cut, Lewis, his management, and the NFL worked long and hard to retrieve his image from the ashes.
                    But rehabilitating one's IMAGE is not the same as rehabilitating the ACTUAL HUMAN.

I have long admired Ray Lewis as a player, dating all the way back to his time at The U. But as a human, he has been nothing but an entitled turd. Probably worse, but a man is presumed innocent until the laughably transparent plea deal is bought and paid for.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not proposing whitewashing anything. I am saying that repeatedly asking a guy about the same thing for ten years is annoying. If you're writing a bio of Ray, then include it. If you're reporting on Ray Lewis as a person, sure (ie, a ESPN Outside the Lines or whatever). If you're in a press conference during Super Bowl Weekend, though, ask him about football, or recent events. Continuing to harp on something that's that far in the past is a Ben strategy, not something a professional reporter should be doing.

Comment

• If you're assigned the Ray Lewis story, that bit of history is a legit part of it. And making him squirm anew on media day is fair game.

Lewis getting all huffy and saying that no reporter had the right to ask him about that because he (and his family?!) have to "live with it every day" was, BTW, precious.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• See, I just don't agree there. It's like my wife bringing up something stupid I did when we were dating. If she did it I'd rightly be annoyed. Like I said, I don't mind if it's a biography or something, but just in a regular press conference? Leave him alone, he did his time. Whether or not you agree with the time, whether or not you think he's guilty of more than he plead to... harping on it ten years later is pointless and just hurts him. Public figures still have a right not to be emotionally abused by the press, IMO, and that's what that amounts to at this point.

Comment

• Here you go, a question that includes football concerning a recent event: "In your most recent trip to the Super Bowl, you were charged with murder. Care to explain that?"
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                              Here you go, a question that includes football concerning a recent event: "In your most recent trip to the Super Bowl, you were charged with murder. Care to explain that?"
                              I think I prefer "Colin Kapernick, the last time Ray Lewis was in the Superbowl, he was charged with murder. Do you have anything to say to that?" Might make him think twice about how much he wants to run against the Ravens
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                So you favor whitewashing as a viable alternative to justice? Or are you just tired of hearing Lewis dance around it again? Lying to police, his white suit suddenly missing, the weapon with no blood or DNA evidence on it, the ridiculous plea deal (accepting testimony against his two buddies from a guy who just admitted he's been LYING ABOUT IT!)... It stunk to high heaven then, and it still does today.

Plus, the incident happened at the Super Bowl. OF COURSE it's relevant when Lewis returns on his retirement tour.

And make no mistake, after the whitewashing deal was cut, Lewis, his management, and the NFL worked long and hard to retrieve his image from the ashes.
                                But rehabilitating one's IMAGE is not the same as rehabilitating the ACTUAL HUMAN.

I have long admired Ray Lewis as a player, dating all the way back to his time at The U. But as a human, he has been nothing but an entitled turd. Probably worse, but a man is presumed innocent until the laughably transparent plea deal is bought and paid for.
                                So you're the final arbiter of justice, not the court system of America. Got it.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X