No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bush did well when he had the chance. The problem with Benson isn't on the field.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Meachem to San Diego btw...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And the sideshow begins. I hope he didn't punch that lady in a bar. But welcome to Chicago. All that noise he made saying he would like to reunite with his buddy had some impact.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wayne returns to Colts on three-year deal.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            And the sideshow begins. I hope he didn't punch that lady in a bar. But welcome to Chicago. All that noise he made saying he would like to reunite with his buddy had some impact.
            Happened on Sunday, too. Looks like that motivated the Dolphins to make the trade.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The Cowboys have found their backup quarterback to Tony Romo.

The team agreed to a three-year contract Wednesday with Kyle Orton, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Orton, of course, spent the final three games of last season starting for the Chiefs after he was waived by the Broncos.

The Cowboys have invested in Orton, and this is a good move.
              I'm glad he thinks so.

Comment

• Kyle is a very serviceable back-up.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Orton may now surpass Jason Campbell for best backup QB

Desean Jackson signed a 5-year $51 million deal. Considering how he acted in a contract year, let's see how he acts now that he's been paid.

And for Lori, maybe Robert Griffin will bring change to Washington:

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Saw this picture of Calvin Johnson presumably signing his contract:

And it occurred to me that two of the greatest WR's (with Larry Fitz) of this era both wear glasses off the field. Nothing much to it but interesting. I remember one play that Larry Fitz had to come out because his contacts fell out or moved or something.

Comment

• Ochocinco treated 200 fans to dinner in Harlem:

He tweeted: "Dinner in NY tonight --> 1st 200 people at Sylvia's Restaurant by 7 pm in Harlem. Leave ya money/credit cards at home. I got you this time."
                      The icing on the cake Monday night was Chad giving his new cell number to all his new "family members."

Although on Tuesday afternoon, he was upset more people hadn't actually used it. He went to his Twitter account to let them know: "I gave 200 people my number and only 13 people have texted me. That's rhino drpppings!!! I gave you my number to use it [expletive], let's go."
                      Is he really that lonely he wants random people texting him a lot?

Then, I remembered:

Ocho

Slowwhand for hating on Ocho

Comment

• Whatever, Al.

Peyton Hillis leaves Browns for fresh start with Chiefs

Comment

• That's a very potent 1-2 punch for KCs running game.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Assuming Charles' rehab goes well, yes, absolutely.
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And Laurent Robinson is off the board, as well.

The Jaguars and Laurent Robinson agreed to a five-year, $32.5 million contract Wednesday evening. The deal includes $14 million guaranteed.
                              The Jags also added Chad Henne on a 2-year deal.

Laurent Robinson is making a lot for a guy who was a bust until spot duty last year.

His five-year, $32.5 million deal includes $14 million guaranteed. We don’t know details of the structure.

But DeSean Jackson reportedly got $15 million guaranteed on his five-year deal. Pierre Garcon's guarantee amounts to only $600,000 more per year over the life of the deal than Robinson is getting. And Reggie Wayne's three-year contract includes 7.5 million guaranteed.

Is Robinson in their class? I don’t feel like he is.

Neither does Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc.

“They paid way too much,” Williamson said. “He has skills for sure, but wow is he brittle. So slender, and if he is forced into a prominent No. 1 receiver type of role, he is going to take a pounding.”
                              Mario Manningham is visiting the 49ers but that's becoming a quickly crowded WR corps with Randy Moss and Crabtree in a run-first offense.

Oh yeah and Eddie Royal did NOT sign with the Redskins. He's still looking... also, at the 49ers.
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 14, 2012, 21:50.

Comment

• Laurent Robinson did the right thing -- let the market shake out ta bit, then sign the biggest guarantee out there.
                                A journeyman player only gets one shot to cash in. Good for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X