NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
    By trading for Marshall, who is a better WR than V-Jax, the Bears clearly are going to push for Williams and go OL heavy in the draft.

GREAT move by new Bears GM Phil Emery!
    Where was my support when I had an argument with Ben about this very issue? Marshall is a top 5 WR. Jackson is overrated.

Marshall for two 3rd rounders is a huge steal. A 27 year old 3x Pro Bowler with five 1000 yard seasons. He may be a headcase but his talent is undeniable.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You didn't need support. Ben was talking out of his ass and everybody else knew it, so we didn't bother.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Great move by the Bears and at a good price, too. Really looking forward now to what other moves they make. Still have lots of cap room, too so maybe they can still get Williams. I've also heard a couple of names of OL they are talking with.

Comment

• Gee... It's nice having a real GM for a change.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Looks like Mario is headed to Buffalo. The new GM there is promising to make him the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL.

Redskins have now added Garcon, Josh Morgan and Eddie Royal. They REALLY overpaid for Garcon -- $42.5MM for 5 years. That's more than Colston got.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• True enough...

By Dan Pompei, Tribune reporter

6:44 p.m. CDT, March 13, 2012
              Mario Williams proved to be a bit rich for the Bears’ tastes, but they may have found a defensive end more in their price range.

The team has set its sights on former Jaguar Jeremy Mincey and is moving to try to secure a deal. They may not be alone in their pursuit of Mincey, who came into his own last year.

The 28-year old had eight sacks and was a productive run player for the Jaguars. His try-hard style would fit in well with the Bears.

Mincey was drafted by the Patriots and also was with the 49ers before joining the Jaguars.

Signing him could preclude the Bears from re-signing Israel Idonije, who is a free agent.

Williams is visting with the Bills tonight.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'll say one thing for the new GM, Phil Emery -- he's decisive.

Bears signed QB Jason Campbell to a one-year contract.

The Bears appear to have learned from the ghosts of Caleb Hanie after the lack of a suitable backup to Jay Cutler doomed their 2011 season. It's a poor landing spot for Campbell from a playing time perspective, as Cutler had missed just one career start since becoming a starter in 2007 before his freak thumb break last season. He'll llikely be paid as one of the league's top backups, however, and will get to test the market again in 2013.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Also, I'm officially upgrading this first day of free agency in importance on my annual NFL calendar.
                  Much more fun than the boredom of the draft!

Comment

• Jason Campbell is probably the best backup QB in the league. It's always good when you have a borderline starter as a backup.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wow, quite the feeding frenzy today. Now the V-Jax sweepstakes are over...

Bucs agreed to terms with Vincent Jackson a five-year, $55.555 million contract, including $26 million guaranteed.

Jackson will earn $26 million over the first two years and $36 million over the first three, topping Santonio Holmes' $24 million guaranteed from last year. The Bucs jumped in feet-first, causing V-Jax's other suitors to fall by the wayside. Jackson will immediately slot in as the No. 1 receiver in Tampa, sending Mike Williams to No. 2 and Arrelious Benn to a situational role. Expect Jackson's fantasy stock to decline with a quarterback downgrade and coach Greg Schiano's traditionally run-heavy offensive attack.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
                      Mar 13 - 8:24 PM
                      Note to self: Upgrade Josh Freeman's upside...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Looks like Mario is headed to Buffalo. The new GM there is promising to make him the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL.

Redskins have now added Garcon, Josh Morgan and Eddie Royal. They REALLY overpaid for Garcon -- $42.5MM for 5 years. That's more than Colston got.
                        What?! The Skins overpaid for a player?!
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I know, right?

The Morgan and Royal contracts are actually pretty reasonable.
                          Don't the Skins still have Santana Moss and Gaffney as well? Seems like somebody's gotta go.

Comment

I know, right?

The Morgan and Royal contracts are actually pretty reasonable.
                            Don't the Skins still have Santana Moss and Gaffney as well? Seems like somebody's gotta go.
                            And Donte Stallworth. And Anthony Armstrong. And their 2nd year guys, Leonard Hankerson and Niles Paul.

Guess Armstrong, Stallworth, and Gaffney will be out. Probably preseason cuts since Josh Morgan and Eddie Royal may not work out either.

Comment

• First day of free agency is almost like a fantasy draft.

Waiting for the RB run...

Comment

First day of free agency is almost like a fantasy draft.

Waiting for the RB run...
                                Not the most exciting bunch, headlined by bruisers Michael Bush, Cedric Benson, Brandon Jacobs, and Mike Tolbert.

Comment

Working...
                                X