No announcement yet.

fantasy baseball at yahoo....once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, I just got slaughtered in my first "list" draft (AL only with 10), that'll be the first and last time I pre-rank players. I'm damn clueless!

@#$%^&*(*&*^%

I picked 10th and my best player is Granderson. I missed out on Verlander by 1 and got Weaver instead, but I'm doomed...

doooomed

Comment

• What is a list draft?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think it's when you pre-rank for the auto-draft computer.

Auto-draft always sucks, I have been burned by auto-draft too many times. It only works in an all auto-drafted league.

Comment

• yup, you can either use yahoo's default rankings or pre-rank players based on who you want... The problem is I didn't know where I'd be picking 1-10 so planning ahead is tough even when you do know what you're doing

and since its AL only its like a 20 man league so you know the ww is a barren landscape of bleached bones picked clean by vultures

and I live on the ww

the top ranked players left are 400+
          the only silver lining is I'm 1st on ww priority so I can nab a hot prospect unavailable for the draft

Comment

• 20 team league, AL only? Jesus. That sounds horrible.

Comment

• 10 man al only

so like a 20 man league

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                Any bets on whether Berz will make any waiver wire transactions before the season starts?
                He barely won, but he won. Tradition!
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• We never did any assessment of people's drafts.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I know. I thought maybe EPW the Worthless might do something, but true to his name, he hasn't.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Well if no one else will, I'll do some draft analysis myself! Going off of ESPN's predicted stats for each player I've developed rankings for each of our teams in each stat and for each group of players. This compares the projected home run totals (for example) for all the players each team drafted. Then compares those results to the projected results for everyone else's team.

Hitters:

Code:
                      	Runs	HR	RBI	SB	OBP	SLG	[B]Overall[/B]
                      Fist	1	2	3	1	4	6	[B]1[/B]
                      Ozzy	3	3	1	7	3	3	[B]2[/B]
                      Guy	4	1	2	6	6	1	[B]3[/B]
                      illram	6	5	5	8	2	2	[B]4[/B]
                      Sloww	5	7	4	5	1	5	[B]5[/B]
                      JD	2	8	6	2	5	8	[B]6[/B]
                      Mike	7	4	7	4	7	7	[B]7[/B]
                      Berz	8	6	8	3	8	4	[B]8[/B]
                      Starting Pitchers:
                      Code:
                      	K	ERA	WHIP	[B]Overall[/B]
                      Ozzy	1	1	1	[B]1[/B]
                      Mike	2	2	4	[B]2[/B]
                      Berz	4	3	3	[B]3[/B]
                      Guy	7	4	2	[B]4[/B]
                      JD	3	5	7	[B]5[/B]
                      Fist	5	7	6	[B]6[/B]
                      Sloww	6	6	5	[B]7[/B]
                      illram	8	8	8	[B]8[/B]
                      Relief Pitchers:
                      Code:
                      	Saves	K	ERA	WHIP	[B]Overall[/B]
                      Fist	1	1	1	6	[B]1[/B]
                      Ozzy	2	6	2	1	[B]2[/B]
                      Mike	7	2	3	4	[B]3[/B]
                      Berz	6	3	4	3	[B]4[/B]
                      Sloww	5	7	5	2	[B]5[/B]
                      JD	3	8	6	5	[B]6[/B]
                      Guy	4	5	8	8	[B]7[/B]
                      illram	8	4	7	7	[B]8[/B]
                      And yes, it is a little wonky since I don't have any Quality Starts estimates, so I can't compare pitchers in that stat. So since SPs and RPs have a different number of stats I've decided to compare them separately instead of together. This of course depends a lot on how accurate ESPN's stat projections are. And obviously half of the team Berz drafted will be on waivers (or someone else's team) by the time September rolls around, so this is just an assessment of the draft, not overall performance during the season. But anyhow, the crystal ball of my stats say this is how we measure up.
                      Last edited by OzzyKP; March 31, 2012, 11:47.

Comment

• Hitters and pitchers should be separate, yes. Nicely done, Ozzy.

Comment

• You were successful in drafting the #1 OBP team in the league. Whether that translates into overall success or not... I'm not so sure.

Comment

• Cool stuff. Did you take into account just starters or benches too?

Comment

• Benches too. Everyone is going to set their rosters differently, so I didn't want to make guesses that way. So I just looked at the whole team. Now of course, that is another limitation of my analysis. Some people had more pitchers on their bench, others more hitters. Some people opted for a backup catcher, while others just went for the best available bench player.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                                You were successful in drafting the #1 OBP team in the league. Whether that translates into overall success or not... I'm not so sure.
                                I noticed it. I felt like trying some kind of strategy. I can only suck so much. A person can only get so wet.

Comment

Working...
                                X