• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    1. Packers 15-1
    2. Saints 13-3
    3. Niners 13-3
    4. Detroit 10-6
    5. Atlanta 10-6

You should've asked about New England instead. They have a much stronger case for being the best team in a weak AFC.
    Beat the Packers, Saints, and Falcons in the playoffs. If those teams were better than the Giants, how come they lost in the playoffs when it matters most? Completely destroyed the Falcons and had road wins over the Packers and 49ers at that! Beat the 15-1 Packers by 17 points!

The fact of the matter is, the Giants had a lot of injuries on defense, the offensive line needed time to gel, and Perry Fewell needed to figure something out with these linebackers, which caused them to have a rough go during the season. All that improved in time for the playoffs.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Beat the Packers, Saints, and Falcons in the playoffs. If those teams were better than the Giants, how come they lost in the playoffs when it matters most?
      Random chance. There's a reason baseball, basketball, and hockey pit teams in multiple-game series in their playoffs. It reduces the importance of luck and chance and prevents mediocre teams like the Giants from winning championships.

Comment

Random chance. There's a reason baseball, basketball, and hockey pit teams in multiple-game series in their playoffs. It reduces the importance of luck and chance and prevents mediocre teams like the Giants from winning championships.
        Random chance? What happens on the field is athleticism and play-calling. Where is the random chance?

I'll admit the Giants have holes (all the playoff teams did this year) and they're probably not even top-10 in the NFC on paper taking their roster as a whole... but with immense pass rush from their front four and a prolific QB, they're built to beat these no defense, no run game, all QB-oriented offenses that have shown up in the playoffs.... and still manage to beat run/defense-based teams like the Falcons and 49ers. Might not be the best against all opponents, but they're built to beat these types of teams.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Can you find the strength of schedule info? I can't. I want to see if the Giants faced tougher opposition than the other teams this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Random chance? What happens on the field is athleticism and play-calling. Where is the random chance?

You must not watch much football if you've never heard coaches and players talking about the breaks going for or against them.

Comment

Okay I can't find it so I'm calculating this manually. Only did the Giants and the 10-6 Falcons:

Giants: 133-123 (.519)
              Falcons: 123-133 (.480)

The Falcons had one more win but against significantly weaker opposition.

Comment

You must not watch much football if you've never heard coaches and players talking about the breaks going for or against them.
                It's a cop-out.

The only thing random is the way the ball bounces on kicks/punts and fumbles.

Comment

Comment

Guess you turn into a driveling idiot on an issue when you don't have KH around to turn to.

Comment

So I said:
                      There's no need to pollute an unrelated fun thread repeating the same things you posted two weeks ago.
                      ...and then posted my prop bet responses to prevent the thread hijack.

So naturally, Alby comes in and picks a fight with Drake.

WTG, douche.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You have my apologies. I was going to walk away until Albie's post.

Comment

BUT SOMEONE WAS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!!!!!

Comment

1. Tom Brady passing yards: Over / Under 322.5

2. Eli Manning passing yards: Over / Under 322.5

3. Coin toss result: Heads / Tails

4. New England total points: Over / Under 27.5

5. New York total points: Over / Under 27.5

6. Highest scoring quarter: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th (ties win)

7. Ahead at halftime: Giants / Patriots / Tie

8. Will either team score in the final 2 minutes of the game? Yes / No

9. Jersey number of first player to score a touchdown: Odd / Even

10. Combined sacks, both teams: Over / Under 4.5

11. New England punt attempts: Over / Under 3.5

12. Most total rushing yards: Giants / Patriots

13. First field goal: Giants / Patriots / none

14. Team that scores first wins game: Yes / No

15. Total points scored: Odd / Even

16. First team to call a timeout: Giants / Patriots

17. Longest fild goal in game: Giants / Patriots

18. First points scored: Touchdown / FG or Safety

19. Team winning the coin toss wins the game: Yes / No

20. Length of national anthem (Kelly Clarkson): Over / Under 1:34

Tiebreaker: number of times Peyton Manning is shown on camera. _12___

Comment

Damn, dude.
                              I don't get sick very often, but when I do... well, I'm not one for half-measures.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

THE ANSWERS

Here are the correct answers I've tracked down. Just missing the first timeout and the number of times Peyton Manning was shown...

1. Tom Brady passing yards: Over / Under 322.5
                                276 = UNDER

2. Eli Manning passing yards: Over / Under 322.5
                                296 = UNDER

3. Coin toss result: Heads / Tails
                                HEADS

4. New England total points: Over / Under 27.5
                                17 = UNDER

5. New York total points: Over / Under 27.5
                                21 = UNDER

6. Highest scoring quarter: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th (ties win)
                                13 PTS = 3RD QUARTER

7. Ahead at halftime: Giants / Patriots / Tie
                                10-9 PATRIOTS

8. Will either team score in the final 2 minutes of the game? Yes / No
                                LAST SCORE, 0:57 LEFT = YES

9. Jersey number of first player to score a touchdown: Odd / Even
                                V.CRUZ, #80 = EVEN

10. Combined sacks, both teams: Over / Under 4.5
                                2+3=5 = OVER

11. New England punt attempts: Over / Under 3.5
                                3 = UNDER

12. Most total rushing yards: Giants / Patriots
                                114-83 GIANTS

13. First field goal: Giants / Patriots / none
                                PATRIOTS

14. Team that scores first wins game: Yes / No
                                GIANTS = YES

15. Total points scored: Odd / Even
                                21+17=38 = EVEN

16. First team to call a timeout: Giants / Patriots
                                PATRIOTS

17. Longest field goal in game: Giants / Patriots
                                TYNES, 38 YDS. = GIANTS

18. First points scored: Touchdown / FG or Safety
                                FG or SAFETY

19. Team winning the coin toss wins the game: Yes / No
                                PATS WON TOSS = NO

20. Length of national anthem (Kelly Clarkson): Over / Under 1:34
                                Conflicting evidence, but everything seems to be within a half-second of 1:34, so = PUSH

Tiebreaker: number of times Peyton Manning is shown on camera. ______
                                ZERO
                                Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 7, 2012, 22:42.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X