This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Dude, one more San Fran victory AND one more Seattle loss clinches the playoffs for San Fran. It's not rocket science. This is a very straight-forward playoff situation.
    "Dude", he was asking if SF could still clinch with a SEA loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
      "Dude", he was asking if SF could still clinch with a SEA loss.
      "Dude", I already explained in all relevant detail.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yes, Best is done for season. Suh apologized yesterday, but it is probably too little, too late.

Comment

Dude, one more San Fran victory AND one more Seattle loss clinches the playoffs for San Fran. It's not rocket science. This is a very straight-forward playoff situation.
          You are oversimplyfying Al B Sure....what I am asking is if the hypothetical of Seattle losing to Washington on sunday happens and if San Francisco was to lose their remaining games (finishing 9-7) and Seattle won their remaining games after the Washington game (finishing 9-7) would San Francisco still win the tie-breaker (which would effectively mean that San Francisco could clinch tomorrow with a Seattle loss).

I realize the scenario isn't likely, and may not be possible to determine (as H Tower has posted the tie breakers within the division and only the first four can be determined in my hypothetical scenario).

Regardless it will be a moot point, as SF isn't going to lose the remainder, nor is Seattle going to win the remainder, I was just curious if anyone knew (or had figured out) if SF could clinch tomorrow (even though they lost on Thursday to Baltimore).

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Whether Seattle loses or wins, SF is not clinching this week. It's that simple. We'll know next week.

SF needs a SF win AND a Seattle loss sometime over the rest of the season to clinch.

Your hypothetical of Seattle losing this week then sweeping while San Fran not winning another game would award the playoff spot and the divisional title to Seattle. Why? Because of divisional records. San Fran is 2-0 in the division while Seattle is 2-1. Seattle plays 3 more division games. Seattle would be 5-1 in the division in your hypothetical.

So again, I aint oversimplifying ****. I'm speaking to a brick wall and frankly, especially with the attitude that H Tower got, I'm getting kind of annoyed.

Again, SF clinches with a win AND a Seattle loss. Anything else is irrelevant.

Not only because it's unlikely but if your situation were to develop, Seattle implicitly wins the tie-breaker BECAUSE of the situation as you presented it (5-1 in the division)
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 27, 2011, 14:05.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• And that's the answer I was looking for...how the tiebreakers would affect the standings (and you didn't refer to the tiebreakers in your earlier answer....H Tower did, and you told him it wasn't a factor). What I wasn't looking for was the attitude, but I suppose I should have been given that this is Apolyton.

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                And that's the answer I was looking for...how the tiebreakers would affect the standings (and you didn't refer to the tiebreakers in your earlier answer....H Tower did, and you told him it wasn't a factor). What I wasn't looking for was the attitude, but I suppose I should have been given that this is Apolyton.

/me
                That's why I told him it wasn't a factor

I just didn't like H Tower's response to me. To be honest, it is Apolyton getting to me (let you and H Tower have a similar discussion with someone like KrazyHorse, Kuci, or drake ). I apologize for the hostility.

Comment

• I avoid the Off Topic for exactly that reason, too much BS for me so I can understand that you might post on all forums the same way, but hopefully we can all keep it reasonably civil in Sports ( @ "reasonably" ).

I was just trying to generate some discussion, about something that interests me....the playoff "race" (can you call that a race?) last year in the NFC West was bizarre but having it (potentially) being the first one clinched is equally bizarre to me.

Strange times.

/me

Comment

• Bears should have challenged that third down play. He was not out of bounds when he got rid of football, but he has to make better decisions on his throws.

At least, Bears defense is holding them to FG's, esp. after that last INT. I'll take a 12-7 halftime deficit the way Hanie has been playing.
                    Last edited by Demonbinder; November 27, 2011, 18:35.

Comment

• Houston is hell on their QB's.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• What a pass by Hanie for TD, but that INT at end of half was a six point swing. Need a successful onside kick here. Good kick and thought they might have gotten it back, but ruled against them. Still have a chance. There's a rookie mistake. You have to spike it immediately, not fake it.

The big play in the game was that INT at end of half. This looked to be a game they could have won with a healthy Cutler. Oh well, at least Hanie learned from his mistakes in the first half. Hopefully will do better in following weeks. Defense played a great game and if not for Janikowski could also have been a different game.
                        Last edited by Demonbinder; November 27, 2011, 20:29.

Comment

• Pretty much just like I though. I predicted losses to GB and Oak. I'm right on track.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Tim Tebow is now 5-1 as a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                              Pretty much just like I though. I predicted losses to GB and Oak. I'm right on track.
                              They're not beating Denver. Not as long as Tebow is playing.

By the way, Tebow ran the ball 22 times! 22 TIMES! Has a QB ever had that many carries?

Comment

Tim Tebow is now 5-1 as a starter.
                                13, 13, 10, 24, (45), 15
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X