This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Good news: the Packers aren't beating Detroit.

Bad news: the Lions are.
    That's 9 picks in 3 games (since the bye, funnily enough).
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Suh will almost certainly be suspended for at least one game.

Rodmanesque in his idiocy.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Suh will almost certainly be suspended for at least one game.

Rodmanesque in his idiocy.
        Really? I was thinking more Albert Haynesworth.

Also, am I just mis-remembering things or, during the draft, wasn't Suh getting a lot of praise for being humble and upstanding and an all-around good guy?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If so, poor character analysis.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I've heard him on interviews. Easy to get the impression that he's a good guy. Well spoken and articulate. Which , to me, makes things worse; cause I get the impression that he knows exactly what he's doing. He's a jackass (but a jackass I wouldn't mind having on the Bears).
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Really? I was thinking more Albert Haynesworth.

Also, am I just mis-remembering things or, during the draft, wasn't Suh getting a lot of praise for being humble and upstanding and an all-around good guy?
              Seems to be a good character, upstanding guy off the field. On the field its no holds barred.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yeah. It's probably a case of being a mad man on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                  I've heard him on interviews. Easy to get the impression that he's a good guy. Well spoken and articulate. Which , to me, makes things worse; cause I get the impression that he knows exactly what he's doing. He's a jackass (but a jackass I wouldn't mind having on the Bears).
                  Don't forget that Suh has an engineering degree. The guy is no fool.

Comment

• No, he just acts like one.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• He also de-helmeted a Packers O-lineman today, and got no punishment when he did the same to Cutler last Sunday.

It'll be interesting to see the level of punishment he gets from the league.

Detroit should suspend him right now, just to show they don't condone that crap.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The playoffs are on the line. You won't see them do anything until they are eliminated. He's just too disruptive to do anything to. The NFL, however, will probably suspend him at least one game, maybe more.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Suh's comments after the game:

“What I did was remove myself from the situation the best way that I felt in me being held down in the situation that I was in. My intentions were not to kick anybody, as I did not. [I was] removing myself, as you see, I’m walking away from the situation. And with that I apologize to my teammates, and my fans and my coaches for putting myself to be in position to be misinterpreted and taken out of the game.”

“I was on top of a guy being pulled down and trying to get up off the ground, which is why you see me pushing his helmet down,” Suh said. “As I’m getting up, I’m getting pushed so I’m getting myself unbalanced. . . . With that a lot of people are going to interpret it as or create their own storylines, . . . but I know what I did, and the man upstairs knows what I did.”

Huh??? He needs to take a look at game film. This is just bull****. If by "...the man upstairs..." he means the commissioner, he will definitely be suspended by NFL.

Comment

• Well this is the video with Suh's comments:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• I have no desire to watch it. He already spoke his mind on the field. You know what else? I think he's highly overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                I have no desire to watch it. He already spoke his mind on the field. You know what else? I think he's highly overrated.
                                Typical Slowwhand/Ben behavior. A guy does something you don't like and you immediately devalue him as a player. You're smoking some crazy **** if you think Suh isn't an elite DT.

The Lions were 32nd in both yards and points allowed in the '07, '08, and '09 seasons. Suddenly, in 2010, they completely turned their defense around. Now, there's a bunch of reasons for this, but clearly, having the defensive rookie of the year/guy whom draft pundits praised as the best DT prospect in two decades on your team sure helps. Again, because these things have a habit of going through one ear and out the other, there's a bunch of reasons for the Lions' defensive improvement but Suh has been a major contributory factor.

Just as the quality of the offensive line usually has a significant effect on both the run and the pass, a defensive line sets the tone for the entire defense. We've seen the Vikings have an incredibly stout D off the strength of the Williams Wall and the 2007 Giants ride their absurdly good D-line to the Super Bowl. Having Suh to disrupt offensive lines is an asset to a team. And yes, he has slowed down a bit this season (only 3 sacks compared to 10 his rookie year) and the Lions are not the greatest at shutting down the run this year, but 'highly overrated'? Bull****. His praise has been well-deserved.

Comment

Working...
                                X