Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we really know how good Hanie is, or isn't? He's thrown 12 passes in the NFL that weren't in the preseason. He isn't a veteran backup QB.

Comment

• It's a contract year for him. (which I guess is a good thing)

At least he knows the offense and gets a full week to prepare. I've always liked him (as a backup) and we'll see. That's why we have backups.
      At least when they do a close up he doesn't look like a deer caught in the headlights (like cutler)

Every time I've seen him, he has looked in control. Let's hope his talent is up to the task.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
        Al, you're such a dumbass. A 1000 yard receiving season is completely irrelevant when talking about retuns.

And the news in Chicago is Cutler is out indefinitely and will need surgery to repair a broken thumb he suffered making a TD saving tackle on the int he threw in the forth quarter.

This sucks. Cutler is a very good QB and his loss is going to effect the Bears massively; however, I agree with demon's opinion. Hainey is a damn good backup.
        Hester is an inferior player. I'll take a guy who's not a HoF like Desean Jackson, stupidity aside, any day over a bum who's good at returns.

Hainey? Can you spell anyone's name right?!
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Hester may be an inferior wide receiver but he is not an inferior return man. He's the best return man ever. But until a RAY GUY gets into the HOF, it's unlikely that Hester will ever be inducted.

But anyone that doesn't see the HUGE impact that a return man like Hester has on a game, obviously doesn't watch enough Bear games. He's responsible for better field position than anyone else on the field for the last few years. An impact that is quite measurable.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
            The question is, can the Bears go 3-3 over the last 6 weeks of the season and make it to 10-6?
            @Raiders
            Chiefs
            @Broncos
            Seahawks
            @Packers
            @Vikings

Except for the Packers, all of those teams are BAD. I would have penciled in 4 wins before Cutler went down.

A Bulger or Warner would take 3 weeks at least to get ready to play, neither one has played a game since December '09 / Jan '10

This is going to be interesting down the strech.

Maybe Chicago should call up Brett!

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
            I think the Bears, with Hanie, can go 4-2 with that schedule (and would have gone 5-1 with Cutler).
            Here is how I break it down:

L @ Raiders (Raiders are playing well, It'll be Hanie's first start and it's AT Oakland)
            W vs Chiefs
            W @ Broncos (Urlacher will have none of that last minute drive BS)
            W vs Seahawks
            L @ Packers
            W @ Vikings

Bears finish 11-5 and are either #5 or 6 seed (depending on how Detroit finishes it's season.
            Pssh. I mock your orange-tinted glasses.

3-3 at best. Honestly, I think they'll beat the Chiefs (if only because the Chiefs can't blitz a damn and they have their own inexperienced backup QB starting) and one of the others but 3 of the 4 between the Vikes, Seahawks, Broncos, and Raiders will beat Chicago. 2-4 is my prediction.

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
            How so?

And Rah, I said he is a damn good backup... as in damn good for a #2 on a team. Yes, he is just average as a starter.
            He can't be a damn good backup. He's barely even seen the field. Vince Young is a damn good backup. Tyler Thigpen, David Carr, Jon Kitna, Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, maybe Matt Flynn, etc. are much better backups because they've actually seen the field and started.

Caleb Hanie is a complete unknown. Would you honestly be surprised if he went 8-20 with two picks? I wouldn't be.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Ok I have 4-2, Donegeal has the same
              Al has 2-4

Who else wants to make a prediction?
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If Green Bay rests its starters Week 16, though, that could be a Chicago win.

Comment

• I think the Packers will be smarter than the Bears were last year. And if they're still undefeated, they'll go for perfection.
                  Or if the 49's are still within a game. Week 17 is different, week 16 may still be too early.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Gee... it only took Alby 6 minutes to back down...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      Gee... it only took Alby 6 minutes to back down...
                      It's a legitimate concern. If Green Bay is playing backups, Chicago should win that. 2-4 if everyone is playing to win. 3-3 if Green Bay gives Chicago a gimme

Comment

• What's your prediction Ming? How about you also JR? Step up and be counted.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          It's a legitimate concern. If Green Bay is playing backups, Chicago should win that. 2-4 if everyone is playing to win. 3-3 if Green Bay gives Chicago a gimme
                          I'll concede that condition. 2-4 if Green Bay beats them, 3-3 if they beat Green Bay. (I don't think there's a single Bears fan that expects them to beat Green Bay up there)

So really 2-3 not counting the Green Bay game.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• k thank you i feel better now.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I will go with 3-3. Losses to Green Bay, Oakland, and one of the other 4. All of them close games except the Packers because of the defense.

Comment

• My 4-2 counted Green Bay and one other (figuring it would be Oakland) But you never know.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X