Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Bucs try an onside kick at that point of game? They were only down four and if you don't make it you play right into Packers hands and look what at the result. STUPID!! And now Aikman says he doesn't disagree with the call?

Comment

• Don't look now, but the Lions just took the lead, 28-27.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Aren't you a Dolphins fan or something? Go root for them.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wait. Kevin Smith? I thought the Lions cut him?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            That Matt Stafford sure is a great quarterback!

What's that? 6 interceptions in the last 5 quarters?
            Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            If he was hurt enough to cost the Lions the game for the second straight week, he gets out of the game. Besides, he said himself that he's fine and the finger didn't contribute to the INT's last week.

What it is is regression to the mean. He was red-hot to start the season but he's come back to earth.

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Wait. Kevin Smith? I thought the Lions cut him?
            They did. But they brought him back.

Berz already picked him up in D/ST.

But left him on the bench today.

Detroit Lions 7-3!!!!
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Dude, they signed him last week. This is his 2nd game.

That Matt Stafford sure is a great quarterback!

What's that? 6 interceptions in the last 5 quarters?

What it is is regression to the mean. He was red-hot to start the season but he's come back to earth.
              Passing
              M. Stafford 28/36, 335 yd., 5 TD, 2 INT
              I'll take that kind of regression any time...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• ****ing ****. My opponent has Stafford this week. He got nothing out of Greg Jennings and Finley but Stafford made up for that. Pissing me off. Maybe Romo will get something in OT.

But Jason Garrett's punk ass probably going to run all the way down and kick a field goal

Comment

• Yeah, the last-place team is gutting me with Stafford over at FFZ.

I lead the league in points against over there, too. Quite a year for me...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Fine. I'll give credit to Stafford. He came out throwing his 5th and 6th interceptions in 5 quarters but had a short memory and didn't let it stop him from putting the team on his back.

Comment

• PEANUT TILLMAN!

JONNY KNOX!
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Jay Cutler!!

That INT not Jay's fault. Knox slipped otherwise would have been a catch. Crap! C'mon defense - hold!!

Major Wright!!!
                        Last edited by Demonbinder; November 20, 2011, 19:57.

Comment

• Why??? No need to do a fake there. But another INT by Bears!

Comment

• Ranting about Stafford and saying nothing about Newton's 4 interceptions? Once again, you're amazing, Al.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                              Brady is having issues after his hot start...he's suddenly playing like he did toward the end of 2007 when he was hurt but nobody knew about it, unexplained underthrows and soft throws on passes that are generally bullets. Wonder if there's an issue there...
                              Yup.

Quarterback Tom Brady has been dealing with a bone bruise in his right arm near the elbow since being hit against the Cowboys Oct. 16, according to two league sources.

It is a minor injury and one that should improve and even clear up completely as the season goes along, according to Mike Ludwikowski, a renowned athletic trainer at Susquehanna Health in Williamsport, Pa.

“It could very well get better before the end of the season,’’ he said. “It’s definitely manageable. I’m sure the trainers are doing stretching and icing.’’

Brady was seen icing the elbow during the Cowboys game, and has been wearing a black band below the elbow, which is usually associated with tendinitis, in subsequent games. That would be a byproduct of the contusion, as would any unusual inaccuracy.

“If he’s wearing the band, it could be he has a little inflammation or tendinitis,’’ Ludwikowski said. “For a quarterback it’s usually more extensor tendinitis because that’s how you deliver the football.

“It could affect his release because the triceps tendon attaches right there, you have all your forearm muscles there, your extensors and flexors to hold a football. If you get a bone bruise, he’d accommodate his release a little bit to accommodate the bone bruise.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Just as long as it good to go for FF playoffs!

And Alby... as I watch this Phi/NYG game, it occures to me that when the topic of Hester in the Hall of Fame comes up, comparing him to DeSean Jackson only strengthens the arguments for him making it.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X