Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stayed up late to watch the end since my dad needed a KC win to get first place in our money confidence pool. He sent me an e-mail after the game. He's 83 and lives on the east coast so it was well past his bed time Hell, it was past my bed time.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Same old Chargers
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• No, this is the new, Rivers-not-messiah Chargers.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, the main reason I'm not at the top of the salary cap league. Thought I'd save a few bucks and go with Rivers considering him a top tier QB. Hangs head in SHAME.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's the kind of comment that will have Ben foaming at the mouth in frustration. You're a cruel man.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Rivers has been almost as bad as Romo this year. Flacco is looking rough, too, but Big Ben seems to have recovered from his terrible start. Meanwhile, ignored by everyone, Eli Manning is having a fantastic year.

Remember all that controversy about Eli comparing himself to Brady? Well, both are the leaders of 5-2 teams that face off this weekend. How does Eli stack up on the year?

Brady has thrown for 2,361 yards and 18 touchdowns, hitting on 67.6 percent of his passes for a 104.4 quarterback rating. Manning has connected for 2,127 yards, 13 touchdowns, and is hitting 64.7 percent of his passes to complete a 102.1 rating. Manning has thrown five interceptions, three less than Brady.
              Not too shabby.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Manning ... is hitting 64.7 percent of his passes...

That means he looks like a giant ****ing crybaby 35.3% of the time.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Putting any money on the Giants over the Patriots this weekend Al B. Sure?

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                      Putting any money on the Giants over the Patriots this weekend Al B. Sure?

/me
                      Can't afford it right now... with that said...

Comment

• Detroit Lions were the only NFL team in the red last year. Forbes considers Ford Sr. the worst owner in football, along with, unsurprisingly, the late Al Davis, Ralph Wilson Jr, the Browns' Randy Lerner, and, of course, Mike Brown. Giants' ownership was deemed the best.

Owning a National Football League franchise seems like a license to print money. Before you even play a game, you're all but guaranteed to be in the black.

That was true for 96.8 percent of owners last season. But William Clay Ford Sr., overseer of the Detroit Lions, somehow managed to land in the financial red zone. The Lions were the only one of the 32 NFL franchises to lose money during the 2010 season.

Forbes has handed Ford Sr. the honor of being the worst owner in America's most popular sport. The Lions franchise value has gone down 3 percent during the past five years -- despite a beautiful new home stadium -- and the Lions have won just 23 percent of their games with that 0-16 season thrown in for good measure.

The typical NFL team's total value has grown 8 percent over the last half-decade. The Lions owner beat out the late Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders for the least desirable business honor in the NFL. The Silver & Black had the lowest income in the league last year.

Other lagging pro football owners include Bills boss Ralph Wilson Jr., Browns CEO Randy Lerner and Bengals top guy Mike Brown, all rounding out the worst five owners.

John Mara and Steve Tisch were honored as the best owners in the NFL. They helped the New York Giants franchise value go up a stunning 33 percent over the past five years, best in the league. Mara and Tisch edged out the Patriots' Robert Kraft. New England made the second-most money in the league last season: $93 million from ticket revenue.

The Colts' Jim Irsay, Packers shareholders and Cowboys lightning rod Jerry Jones round out the top five owners in the league.

Comment

• I finally get a nice Sunday off of work... and the Bears play Monday night.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Obviously an evil plot against you.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I don't think you'd want to see that game.

Comment

• Horrendous tackling by Chargers after Packers intercept the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X