Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still, I have to wonder what his asking price is. He's a hellacious blocker and a great route-runner.
    When he cares.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• File under: Sparano, why would you keep him?

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports ex-Steelers coach Bill Cowher and ex-Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden have "quietly planted seeds" that they're open to a return to coaching, specifically in Miami.

Ex-Dolphins QB and current CBS studio analyst Dan Marino has reportedly been relaying to team management that Cowher is "geared up for a return." Cowher is close with ex-Chiefs GM Carl Peterson, who has been a consultant of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross.

Despite his new contract with ESPN, Gruden has reportedly told "more than a few folks" in Miami that he'll be ready for a return to the sidelines in 2012.

Source: Yahoo! Sports
      Oct 25 - 3:51 PM
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I don't understand why they would want to go to Miami. Both of them have made it evident they would like to go to a team that gives them the best chance of winning and I don't see how Miami gives them that, especially in that division.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Looks better on a resume to take a team that's down and build it up, rather than take one with the shelves stocked. Even if you succeed, a little of the luster is missing.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I think Cowher's and Gruden's resumes look pretty good already.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I find Gruden irritating.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• A few People here find you irritating. That doesn't mean you weren't good at your job.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• the MNF crew are all idiots
                  no reason to watch the game unless the bears play
                  and even then, it's MUTE and WBBM streaming for the audio
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Gruden has a .540 winning percentage. While that's good, it's low for a guy as hyped as Gruden.

I also really question his ability to develop young QB's. I remember one of those on the field sort of shows and Chris Simms was video-taped in practice with his tongue in knots trying to call the, seemingly needlessly complicated, plays in the huddle. I know he hasn't had first-round talents to develop (Bobby Hoying, Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown) but, whether an offensive coordinator or head coach, he didn't exactly develop young QB's. His success was always with the likes of Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Brian Griese, and Jeff Garcia, all experienced QB's before they got to Gruden.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Cowher would obviously be the preferred guy, but Gruden's track record, while mercurial, has gotten (SB) results. Cowher is much more stable long-term. If the goal is quick-fix, I might lean to Gruden.

Comment

• Why are the games broadcast in Portland on Comcast right now are Miami/NY and Minnesota/Carolina? Hell, the Arizona/Baltimore game would make the most sense, considering AZ is at least close to our time zone...
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I get the same two games as you, I was hoping for either Houston/Jacksonnville or Baltimore/Arizona. 6 early games, two I wanted to watch, should have guessed that I would get two of the remaining four

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• For future reference: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk8.html
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• 5:49 3rd qtr.
                              Code:
                                        	CP/AT	YDS	TD	INT
                              T. Tebow	5/17	46	0	0

CP/AT	YDS	TD	INT
                              M. Stafford	21/29	267	3	0

Comment

• Things didn't get much better for him. What a whoopin'

6-2
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X