Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah they wouldn't tank games. Not the Colts, a team that is used to winning. You can see it on their faces on the sidelines, these guys had no intention of losing to the Saints.

But Caldwell is on shakier ice than people think, especially if the claims of CB Justin Tryon, who was cut last month, are true. Tryon blasted the Colts in the media, claiming that Caldwell wanted him to be a starter but he was over-ruled since the organization wanted him cut. This prompted a twitter response from Jim Irsay to the effect of 'know your place and you're wrong.'

Who knows? Caldwell is probably the most undramatic and unassuming coach in the NFL, this side of Pat Shurmur, so he probably is a puppet coach.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wasn't he hand-selected by Dungy?
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Wasn't he hand-selected by Dungy?
        Yes. He was on Dungy's staff (quarterbacks coach) in Tampa and came with him to the Colts.

In the 90's, he was Wake Forest's coach. Wake Forest went 26-63 during his tenure.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• College coaching results are about 90% irrelavant in the NFL. College records are largely dependant on recruiting and what school you coach for. Both of these things make no difference in the NFL.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I agree. I just noted that in the interest of full disclosure regarding his qualifications.

Comment

• Is anyone watching MNF? Is Anquan Boldin actually playing?

Comment

• I've seen him on the field....but I have yet to see him touch the ball.

As for watching MNF, I was expecting to see some awesome Baltimore defence to go with their mediocre offense....I wasn't expecting awesome Jacksonville defence to go with their mediocre offense (nor was I expecting Baltimore's offense to be this bad!).

/me
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I'm thankful to the World Series for providing an alternative to the Saints-Colts blowout and this Ravens-Jags abomination. Sure, I'd be watching the Cards anyway, but the prime-time games the past couple of weeks have been fairly poor. Maybe flex scheduling should start earlier...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                    I've seen him on the field....but I have yet to see him touch the ball.

As for watching MNF, I was expecting to see some awesome Baltimore defence to go with their mediocre offense....I wasn't expecting awesome Jacksonville defence to go with their mediocre offense (nor was I expecting Baltimore's offense to be this bad!).

/me
                    Thanks. I have him in the FFZ oflline league and he gives me a chance to win, but not if they aren't throwing ball to him.

Comment

• Holy ****. I wasn't going to watch the game but I just checked the score. Wow.

Comment

• Mike Sims-Walker on the Jaguars? Wait. Did I dream him being on the Rams? What? Was he cut this week and immediately signed by Jacksonville?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Mike Sims-Walker on the Jaguars? Wait. Did I dream him being on the Rams? What? Was he cut this week and immediately signed by Jacksonville?
                          Rams released him Monday or Tuesday, I believe to make room for Brandon Lloyd.

Comment

• ESPN must be bummin' at having another boring game.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              ESPN must be bummin' at having another boring game.
                              Flacco is alternating between really good games and terrible ones. He's been Rex-like this year.

These are his QB ratings by week: 117.6, 51.2, 103.6, 37.4, 78.5, (currently) 54.4

Unless he throws a TD here, he'll have gone 3 games without a TD toss.

Comment

• Flacco Touchdown and Boldin gets it.....looks like you were both prophetic!

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X