Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not true. I'd like to see either one of you react to being shoved.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• OK, so maybe "react" instead of "overreact." But it was a moment of high emotion on both sides, so I tend to go with the latter.

And BTW, looking at virtually the same personnel as SF had last year, I've gotta give Jim Harbaugh big props for the coaching job he's done so far. Pretty impressive.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Keep in mind that Schwartz was taunting Harbaugh across the field in the first quarter after Harbaugh (foolishly) threw the challenge flag on the touchdown call. Schwartz was *extremely* excited over that penalty and shouted across the field "Learn the rules!"

So I don't think either of them painted themselves in glory, but the notion that Schwartz was some innocent aggrieved soul is absurd. He was a dick.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Wow, that's a VERY high price. Watch out for Cincinnati in a couple years.

Raiders acquired QB Carson Palmer
          from the Bengals in exchange for a first-round pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013.
          Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
          Oct 18 - 10:32 AM
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Woah. Maybe Al wasn't the crazy one.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• No matter what else, he's still the crazy one.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Palmer for two 1st rounders?!

Holy ****.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Another surprising trade:

The Philadelphia Eagles traded running back Ronnie Brown(notes) to the Detroit Lions for running back Jerome Harrison(notes) and an undisclosed draft pick in 2013.
                  This is the second mid-season trade to the Eagles in two years for Jerome Harrison! Cleveland traded him to Philly last year mid-season.

Bad news for Jahvid Best, though
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I always love having more draft picks. Especially now that Millen is gone.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Umm... you guys gave up the draft pick.

Comment

• Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Another surprising trade:

This is the second mid-season trade to the Eagles in two years for Jerome Harrison! Cleveland traded him to Philly last year mid-season.

Bad news for Jahvid Best, though
                          I doubt it. Best is a rising star. Brown was a Wildcat Wannabe star.

Comment

• Best case scenario, it keeps Jahvid Best fresh, healthy, and only doing what he does best and not taking runs up the middle, similar to Jamaal Charles last year. Worst case scenario, Ronnie Brown still has something left in the tank and becomes their every down back.

With that passing offense, it would not surprise me for Brown to have a resurgence just because teams are playing off to contain Calvin Johnson.

Comment

• So you would take Ronnie Brown over Best?

Comment

• Where did I say anything about that?

If the question is who could be getting more CARRIES per game, I'd take a flyer on Ronnie Brown. If it's who is the more explosive back and who is the better talent at this point, it's obviously the man with the vampire teeth.

Of course, I thought Ronnie Brown would split the job with Lesean McCoy more and that didn't happen so maybe Ronnie Brown really is done and Detroit is just bringing him for depth. We don't know what that draft pick is, yet. That would give us some indication on how the Lions look at Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X