Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I drafted Danario Alexander as my bet out of that St. Louis offense but I cut Alexander when he had knee problems and picked up (and started, mind you) Greg Salas this weekend but that didn't work out for me. It's annoying when you are right about a guy, cut him because he's missing practice and games (he missed week 1), and then he blows up while the guy you thought would emerge in the first guy's absence fumbles away your chance at fantasy victory. So frustrating when you were right but end up being wrong.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, who played with fractured ribs on Sunday, also has a punctured lung, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported Monday, citing a league source.

And they are talking about his playing in next game using a Kevlar vest. Really?? Even with one that's still asking for trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Yeah I drafted Danario Alexander as my bet out of that St. Louis offense but I cut Alexander when he had knee problems and picked up (and started, mind you) Greg Salas this weekend but that didn't work out for me. It's annoying when you are right about a guy, cut him because he's missing practice and games (he missed week 1), and then he blows up while the guy you thought would emerge in the first guy's absence fumbles away your chance at fantasy victory. So frustrating when you were right but end up being wrong.
        Danario is a pretty decent player. I almost put him on my "Jaguar's 'who the **** are these guys?' sleepers" list.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Cedric Benson suspended 3 weeks

Good. The guy in my auction league who has Benson also has Jamaal Charles and lost the Dexter McCluster race. He has Green-Ellis and no one else. Maybe I can ship him Michael Turner for Aaron Rodgers
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You take more delight in a player's plight than you do in doing well in your competition, don't you?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              You take more delight in a player's plight than you do in doing well in your competition, don't you?
              It's no wonder that we all revel in his life being in shambles and most of ours being pretty great. Taste of his own medicine.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                You take more delight in a player's plight than you do in doing well in your competition, don't you?
                Delight in a player's plight? Benson is getting suspended, he's not injured! He did this to himself.

And what are you talking about? This is a win-win for me in both counts. This weakens my competition and may cause them to be willing to give up more at a position I need for a position I have a surplus in. What are you talking about I take more delight in A over B? Did I make any statements about which is better for me?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Sloww was referring to the delight you take in the misfortune of the opposing GM (the guy with Charles and Benson).
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well shouldn't I be happy? Weaker opponents mean I have a better chance of winning it all. Though, granted, I played him this past week and blew him out and I don't play him again but still.

Comment

• I'm not an "end justifies the means" type guys. I like to beat someone at full strength. I particularly like it when Yahoo and others see me as the underdog and I manage to win.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This is for money. Aint no honor when it's about that paper.

Comment

• Good looking on that deflection, Steve Smith, you double agent

Comment

• Giants are busting ass.

Comment

• Great play design on that TD to Jacobs. Saluki Power!
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What?

Comment

Working...
                                X