This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLASSIC
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That sums it up. It's a shame all of Dallas' effort was wasted because of that idiot.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I turned it off and watched Food Network with my wife since there was no way Dallas could blow a 14-pt lead...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Romo is the least clutch QB. For how good he is when things don't matter or early in the game, he's so incredibly much worse when the pressure is on. He's like the anti-Sanchez.

MRT, Steven Jackson out next week. What did I tell you about Bradshaw?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            What happened to blount? Goddamn him.
            Forgot to answer this.

The problem with Blount which I saw as a potential problem last year is that the guy sucks in pass protection and doesn't have good hands. The Bucs were down early against Detroit so they went into a pass-first offense which meant a guy like Blount didn't see the field much. Last year, Cadillac Williams would come in on those downs but, thanks to an easy schedule, the Bucs were rarely down so Blount got his. This year, looks like Earnest Graham has taken that role vacated by Cadillac.

It's tricky but if you think the Bucs are going to be playing catch up, Blount is not the guy you want. You want him when they're in control and playing ball-control offense. In that case, Blount would be monstrous.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Small sample size but...

The Bucs only had one game last year since Blount started playing in which they were down big (more than 2 scores) going into the second half (down 3-17 against Baltimore last year) but in that down game, Blount had 13 carries for 55 yards. I don't know how many downs they each played but, in comparison, Cadillac Williams had 9 total touches for 60 yards from scrimmage in the game.

That many touches was rare for Cadillac post-Blount taking the starting job. In fact, he only reached 9 total touches in 3 games last year (excluding before Blount's break-out): that Baltimore game, the 27-21 loss to Atlanta, and the 23-20 loss to Detroit. Every other game, he recorded less than that RBBC #2 workload. It is telling what sort of games were the ones in which Raheem Morris kept Cadillac on the field.

Contrast that to a game like the Buc's demolishing of the Seahawks in a 38-15 rout... there, Blount had 18 carries for 164 yards and even a rare reception. In a 21-0 spanking of San Fran, Blount registered 26 carries.

It is also telling that though Blount managed 1000 yards in 13 games, he only reached 20 carries 3 times last year. And that was with the Bucs, for the most part, winning throughout their games... As much as he looks and runs like a work-house, the Bucs don't use him as one, especially not on passing downs.

Earnest Graham had 14 touches for 71 yesterday to Blount's 5 for 15. Avoid Blount when the Bucs will be playing catch up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Romo is the least clutch QB. For how good he is when things don't matter or early in the game, he's so incredibly much worse when the pressure is on. He's like the anti-Sanchez.
                Yeah, those two yards that Sanchez gained after Revis made the pick were clutch.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                  Yeah, those two yards that Sanchez gained after Revis made the pick were clutch.
                  Get back to me when the Patriots can beat Sanchez in the playoffs.

Comment

• Henne is looking very sharp. I think if they were playing a different team, the Dolphins could be running a blow-out.

Henne still seems allergic to the endzone, though.

Comment

• Holy crap.

Miami... 4th and goal from the 1. Stopped.
                      Next play... Brady to Welker for the 99 yard TD.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Brady is awesome.
                        "

Comment

• 511 yards by Brady!

Comment

• I actually have the Brady to Welker Fantasy connection, so it was a REALLY nice play for me.

[/fantasy]
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              511 yards by Brady!
                              Week 1 in the NFL and we have 13 QBs throwing for over 300 yards.
                              Four of those threw for over 400.
                              One of them for over 500.
                              And we still have two teams that haven't even played.
                              Last edited by Donegeal; September 12, 2011, 22:32. Reason: Henne just passed the 400 yard mark.

Comment

• And who would have thunk the other 400+ yard passer was Cam Newton in his first career game

What was McNabb up to with his 39 yards passing?

Kyle Orton will probably be #14 to throw for over 300

Comment

Working...
                                X