This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Lions.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I got Sunday Ticket for PS3...so I got all the games.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I thought Sunday Ticket was only for DirectTV?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• $340

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            I thought Sunday Ticket was only for DirectTV?
            Naw, they released it for PS3 this year. Safe price @ $340 but thats cheaper than us going out each week. Plus my wife is starting a blog about cooking regional food related to football season, so it works out.

We recently announced our partnership with DIRECTV to bring their most popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, directly to you via your PlayStation 3. Starting later today, you can access the direct link in the My Channels category under the TV/Video Services icon on the XMB (XrossMediaBar) or head over to the media category [...]
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I don't suppose they have any intention of doing the same for the Xbox?

Let me know when the blog is up, I love to cook.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Adrian Peterson, 7 years, $100 mil, $36 mil guaranteed.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Nice to see. Now if only the Bears would pay Forte before the rest of the league realizes that the Bears ownership are *******s.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• You could have it worse. You could be a Cardinal fan.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I don't understand the "Bears are cheap" stories that are running around. Granted, they are significantly under the cap and I agree they should get Forte locked up. But that charge just doesn't hold up under scrutiny...

Briggs, 2007 - $36 million, 6 yrs
                      Tillman, 2007 - $41 million, 7 yrs
                      Urlacher, 2008 - $56 million, 5 yrs
                      Cutler, 2009 - $50 million, 5 yrs
                      Hester, 2010 - $41 million, 4 yrs
                      Peppers, 2010 - $84 million, 6 yrs

I'm not saying it's all "smart" money -- just that "cheap" isn't a fair cop.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• $20 million under the cap and they won't budge $500,000 to sign the leader and only legitimate veteran offensive lineman? That's cheep.

$20 million under the cap and they won't pay Forte like he's been far and away their only offense for three seasons? That's cheep.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• They are not refusing to pay Forte; they are negotiating. Quietly and out of the media, which is as it should be. (In fact, now that the market has been set with the AP, CJ, DeAngelo and Gore deals, I strongly suspect they will do so before long.) This is going to be Forte's only big payday, so both sides are playing hardball. Totally understandable. I suspect the deal will be closer to Gore money than DeAngelo money. I urge you to take more of a wait-and-see attitude. Have a little faith.

They are refusing to renegotiate Briggs, which is totally fair, considering the crap he put them through (high drama for two years, one year "punished" as a $7MM franchise player, saying he's never play in Chicago again, blah blah blah) before signing his current deal, which runs 2 more years. When he signed that deal, he crowed about how he got what he wanted and "won" the negotiation. Now he can't live with it? Boo effing hoo.

This "Bears are cheap" thing is a throwback to the Halas days. They've been at or near the salary cap almost every year since it was instituted.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Totally agree with you, JR.

Comment

• Yeah that Kerry Collins is such a great play, Ben. How many points are you getting for sack fumbles?
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Kerry's still got it. He can't hold onto a ball any better than he could when he was on the Giants. He's like my Rex Grossman

This reminds me of when I started him on my fantasy team a few years back when I lost Trent Green for the season. He ended up giving me negative fantasy points on the day. Enjoy, Ben.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X