This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL to consider full-time officials for next season:

It's about time. Those were lousy calls today in the NY-GB game. Why can't they do what the NHL does and have a central location that has (or should have) large-screen HDTV's to watch the replay. BTW, the guy that goofed is the same guy from SB XL that had to apologize after that game.

Comment

• Mike Martz retiring:

Mike Martzs departure from Halas Hall last week also was his de-facto exit from coaching football as the veteran mentor is retiring at age 61. Martz told Jason LaCanfora at NFL.com, who first reported that he is retiring from coaching, which closes out one of the more colorful coaching careers in the past decade-plus. He finished his run with a…

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
        I couldn't disagree more. Looks like this years Super Bowl will be a battle of the Harbaugh's.

/me
        That'd be way more entertaining than the alternative.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          That'd be way more entertaining than the alternative.
          Really? You really want to see Alex Smith and Joe Flacco over Brady and Eli?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Very much more. New blood instead of the same ol', same ol'.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Agreed!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• DAMMIT! I HATE IT WHEN I AGREE WITH AL!

I want to see the best. Brady is the best (or one of the top 3) and Eli is the best of the others. Definately top 10, maybe even top 5.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I want to see a good game. Who cares about the best? The best team, and two best QBs, has already been eliminated.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Uh, did you guys see the first Harbaugh v. Harbaugh game? It wasn't exactly a scintillating display of football majesty.

But Pats/Giants was one of the most epic SBs of all time. I think a rematch would be thrilling.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Jeff Fisher decides to coach the Rams and brings Gregg Williams over.
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                          Uh, did you guys see the first Harbaugh v. Harbaugh game? It wasn't exactly a scintillating display of football majesty.

But Pats/Giants was one of the most epic SBs of all time. I think a rematch would be thrilling.
                          Harbaugh v. Harbaugh would make all the old school folks happy because defense (and running the ball) made it to the championship game.

I'll take a Giants-Ravens rematch but I don't know any Baltimore fans but know quite a few Patriots fans so it's more exciting for me.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Being in Chicago and getting back to work this morning was fun. We didn't have to dodge all the Packer fans.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Colts fire Caldwell.
                              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Yay, the Falcons have hired Mike Nolan as the new Defensive Coordinator:

The Atlanta Falcons hired former San Francisco coach Mike Nolan as their defensive coordinator on Wednesday, hoping he can toughen up a unit that has rarely ranked among the NFL elite.

Comment

Working...
                                X