Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donte Whitner is going to be getting a letter from the league on that one.

Two Saints concussions on one drive, unless I miss my guess.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "

Comment

• Why do the 49ers keep passing in the redzone?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That's what defense will do for you. Three turnovers with two leading to points. Drew Brees will need another big come back.

Comment

• Saints throwing this game away. It's early as hell, though. The 2nd quarter just started.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Okay. I think the Saints will still win. They're probably going to score here and we'll have a 3 point game at the half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                Donte Whitner is going to be getting a letter from the league on that one.
                Are you and I the only ones who thought that was helmet on helmet and potential for a penalty? Neither the announcers, the half time "experts" nor anyone else seems to think there was anything wrong with the play, going so far as to call it the "play of the game" so far.

I was expecting a penalty and didn't think they were going to give SF the ball. Definitely a game changer for that point of the game, as it looked like the Saints were going to score fairly easily on their first possession of the game.

/me
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I didn't see the play in question (tuned in late) and missed half time so I don't know. Maybe I'll go back and look at the half time replay during a commercial.

Did that - bad non-call. Definitely should have been a penalty and no turnover. I agree with you, Sparrow.
                  Last edited by Demonbinder; January 14, 2012, 19:45.

Comment

• Good night sweet 49ers

You don't win this game with defense and a running game!
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; January 14, 2012, 21:04.

Comment

• Nevermind. That penalty was irrelevant.

Comment

• Holy ****. Alex Smith just pulled a Tebow! Nice 28yd touchdown run.

So much time left for Brees, though.

Comment

• Great catch but still time for SF to tie it up.

Comment

• HOLY ****! That was an AMAZING TD to Graham!
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• "TE [Jimmy Graham], weak" -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Holy ****! Vernon Davis!

Comment

Working...
                                X