This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Wait, Ricky Williams read Carl Jung's autobiography?!
    Potheads do that kinda thing.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• It's known as being an "old soul".
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
        The Sanchize getting some serious heat... from his own teammates:

In anonymous, fiery comments to a local newspaper, a collection of Jets players called out QB Mark Sanchez -- and voiced support of pursuing a star rival.

That's pretty brutal.
        Two QB's in their 3rd years where they both went 8-8:

A: 308/543 (56.7%) 3474yds 26TD 18INT 6.4Y/A 78.2QBRating (plus 6 rushing TDs)
        B: 301/522 (57.7%) 3244yds 24TD 18INT 6.2 Y/A 77.0QBRating (0 rushing TDs)

A is Mark Sanchez, B is Eli Manning.

I see Sanchez' career and the reaction to his play and it's like re-living the mid-2000's with Eli.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Did Eli's own teammates make public complaints about him being lazy?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            Did Eli's own teammates make public complaints about him being lazy?
            Tiki Barber described Eli's attempts to lead the team as 'comical'.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Also, let's not forget that Sanchez made it to the AFC championship game his first 2 years. Expectations were high.

I think the biggest difference is that Elli's coach didn't proclaim it a "Super Bowl or bust" year.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• He also has a 4-2 ROAD playoff record and a 94.3 playoff QB rating (9 touchdowns to 3 interceptions). Playoff Sanchez is beastly.

Anyway, I saw this about Tebow

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  I think the biggest difference is that Elli's coach didn't proclaim it a "Super Bowl or bust" year.
                  I saw the Bob Costas interview weeks ago and Rex Ryan clarified that he thinks every year is a Super Bowl year. He's not going to ever say, ehh we're rebuilding so 6 wins is what we're going for. I'm sure every coach has the same attitude just no one says it.

Comment

• Sanchez is playing with a historically excellent supporting cast, on the same level as the 2000-2003 Ravens, the 2006 Bears, or the 2008-9 Vikings.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                      Sanchez is playing with a historically excellent supporting cast, on the same level as the 2000-2003 Ravens, the 2006 Bears, or the 2008-9 Vikings.
                      Offensively? The offensive line is great but the runningbacks and receivers, not so much.

Comment

• Anyway, so much for that criticism. Now Jets' players and Woody Johnson are saying no way to the lazy allegations and rallying around Sanchez.

Comment

• If the Jets were mine, Ryan would be gone and Sanchez would be on the market, too.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Anyway, so much for that criticism. Now Jets' players and Woody Johnson are saying no way to the lazy allegations and rallying around Sanchez.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
                            Yeah, and they have full faith that Schotty is their OC going forward too.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Rex Ryan is a blowhard who can't resist the camera. This year, it just served to paint a target on his team.
                              Serves him right.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                If the Jets were mine, Ryan would be gone and Sanchez would be on the market, too.
                                If the Broncos had been yours, you wouldn't be in the playoffs now because you wouldn't have given Tebow a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X