Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ing Cowboys. A bunch of cheaters, all of them.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Contract extensions for Jason Garrett and Rob Ryan, please

They're like Wade Philips in two people
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You need to get a life, Al. How will you spin it where that clip is Romo's fault? As I write this, he's 22 of 27.
        Franky and truthfully, I'm all for them losing. Maybe they can get a high enough slot in the draft to cure the suck-ass defensive secondary.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          You need to get a life, Al. How will you spin it where that clip is Romo's fault? As I write this, he's 22 of 27.
          Franky and truthfully, I'm all for them losing. Maybe they can get a high enough slot in the draft to cure the suck-ass defensive secondary.
          Did I imagine Romo throwing a pick right into Antrel Rolle's hands?

But no, it's not really Romo. Terrance Newman and Alan Ball are conspiring to lose the game for the Cowboys. Though stop the presses... Newman actually just tackled someone.

I'm getting a little concerned because the Giants aren't putting this away despite all the opportunities Dallas is giving them.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!!!!

**** YOU LAURENT ROBINSON! YOU CAN'T SALSA!!!!

Comment

• Eli Manning >>>>> Tony Romo

15 4th quarter TDs on the year by Eli Manning, an NFL record, beating Unitas' and Peyton's 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                By the way, Matt Flynn set the Packers passing record with 480 yards and 6 TDs. He's a free agent after this season, I believe. Possible big payday.
                J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• de·cem·ber/diˈsembər/ Noun: (1) The twelfth month of the year. (2) Typically the last month of the Cowboys year.

(I know it's January 1st)

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; January 2, 2012, 00:45.

Comment

• “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                      J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

Sanchez' first 3 season stats are better than Eli's in 3 seasons. I'll be pissed if the Jets give up on him.

Comment

• Victor Cruz: 1536 yards and 9 TDs... but no Pro Bowl. Are you serious? Greg Jennings got in with 949?

Comment

Victor Cruz: 1536 yards and 9 TDs... but no Pro Bowl. Are you serious? Greg Jennings got in with 949?
                          It's the east coast bias again. **** the east coast!

How many times are you gonna post it? Someone needs to bump your turntable.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                            Wow. I figured I'd get absolutely bashed for even proposing such a thing. Since I didn't, I gunna push it...

Why is having conferences a good thing when the two best teams are from the same conference (I am not saying that is the case this season, mearly saying that it was the case in years past)?

What about the concept of re-seeding 1-12 (or 2 1-6's) once the playoff teams have been determined?

How would doing away with conferences (and re-seeding) effect the playoff picture this season?

Is there really any argument about keeping conferences and the entire seeding process the same other than 'that's how we've always done it'?
                            "That's how we've always done it" is quite powerful, however. Traditions bind us together as people. It's what gives baseball just an amazing hold on the US, for one. Leagues that kind of throw out, whole scale, their traditions usually have issues with their fanbases. I hate to make the comparison, but the lessons of the French Revolution hold for all sorts of policy decisions and demonstrate the strong power of tradition on our collective psyche.

So I don't think it is a bad thing saying that's how we've always done it. The NFL and AFL were two different leagues that merged. That is history that links the earlier years of the league to the present.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• In NFL history, prior to this season, there have only been 22 4500 yard passers, starting with Fouts in 1980. This year? Brees, Brady, Stafford, Eli Manning, and Rodgers hit that mark. 22 before this year; 5 this season.

Passing league like a mother****er.

Cam might even hit that mark next year. After all, he's the first QB to throw for 4000+ and run for 500+ (he ran for 706). Pretty insane that a rookie QB could account for 4757 total yards and 35 touchdowns.

It's like as impressive as Bradford was last year, Cam had to up the ante. Boy will the pressure be on for Andrew Luck
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; January 2, 2012, 04:13.

Comment

Sanchez' first 3 season stats are better than Eli's in 3 seasons. I'll be pissed if the Jets give up on him.
                                Not that I always agree with their analysis, but I feel like this quote would be useful here:

Sanchez continues to struggle with his decision-making and two of his three interceptions came on ill-advised checkdowns in the critical stages the fourth quarter. The Jets' coaching staff has offered support for Sanchez as their franchise quarterback, but his numbers this season warrant strong reconsideration. The 25-year-old grades out as the 37th ranked quarterback by Pro Football Focus.
                                Believe me, as a Pats fan, I'd love to see the Jets let him play out his contract as a starter. However, there's a reason the Jets structured his contract so he'd only cost ~$5m to cut after year 3. They might keep him and just make Schotty the scapegoat, but if they're smart the Jets start shopping for franchise QBs tomorrow. (And no, I somehow don't see Peyton coming to town as the various Jets boards seem to think/wish.)
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X