Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the idea of Luck as a Viking because I think it would make for some great nicknames and headlines
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• If Indy screws up and doesn't take him, Minnesota won't get him. Someone will trade up and he'll be gone. Well, unless the Vikings give up most of the rest of their draft.
      Miami maybe. If Chicago wants to be daring, ...
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sloww, it's not a given that Indy will have the 1st overall pick. Don't look now but they're on a 2-game win streak with Blaine Gabbert-led Jacksonville left on the schedule.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Here's a News Flash for you, Al. I can read.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Here's a News Flash for you, Al. I can read.
            And yet:

If Indy screws up and doesn't take him, Minnesota won't get him. Someone will trade up and he'll be gone.
            You seem to think there's no way Minnesota will have the #1 pick.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Fine. Substitute Minnesota. If I was running their draft, I'd still take him or deal for a boatload of picks. What's the difference? You already rejected my opinion on Manning tutoring Luck.

Comment

• Hey Sloww, you should worry less about prognosticating about the Indianapolis front office and worry more about the Cowboys' running back situation. Murray and Philip Tanner on IR, Felix Jones is questionable. Who is left? Are the Cowboys really going to start Sammy Morris at HB?

Comment

• Apparently. What would be your suggestion?

What prompted the no games on Christmas? Did the player's union have the foresight to include it, or was it the schedulers? 2005 was the last time Christmas was on Sunday:
                  Sunday, Dec. 25
                  Chicago 24 at Green Bay 17
                  Minnesota 23 at Baltimore 30

Comment

• It's official. Eagles will blow out the Cowboys again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Star players win new fans and generate excitement among those outside the market. What star offensive players have the Bears had in the past twenty years? Honestly, I can't even think of any Bears' RB's between Walter Payton to Thomas Jones... can't think of any Bears' WR's in franchise history that are not recent players (so not Marty Booker, Brandon Lloyd, Bernard Berrian, Muhsin Muhammad)... who the hell played QB for the Bears before Rex Grossman?

I challenge anyone here who's not from Chicago (I know, rare) to actually answer those*.

*and since it's Apolyton, someone will but I know they had to scratch their head for a minute about it. It's very telling that the Bears have had scant offensive stars in forever.
                      BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It's NOT about star players, it's about WINNING.
                      There are soooooo many teams with superstars who have NOT made the super bowl... or even won conference championships.
                      So you are more then welcome to take your limited view and claim it's about super stars, but in reality, the NFL is about winning.
                      The Bears have been far more relevant in the last 5 years than most teams... even those with the super stars.

Remember... WINNING... that's what counts in the NFL.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It's NOT about star players, it's about WINNING.
                        There are soooooo many teams with superstars who have NOT made the super bowl... or even won conference championships.
                        So you are more then welcome to take your limited view and claim it's about super stars, but in reality, the NFL is about winning.
                        The Bears have been far more relevant in the last 5 years than most teams... even those with the super stars.

Remember... WINNING... that's what counts in the NFL.
                        Since 1995:

Chicago Bears: 129-141; 4 playoff appearances
                        Jacksonville Jaguars: 137-133; 6 playoff appearances

And Jacksonville can't even fill seats... so it's clearly not JUST about winning.

In the past 17 seasons, the Bears have only 1 more playoff appearance than... the Arizona Cardinals

Comment

• Again... Blah Blah Blah... Your claim was that they haven't been relevant since the 80's. So, one more time... Read it really slow so that maybe you can actually understand it...

In the last 5 years they have been the division champ twice, played in the conference championship twice, and have been to the super bowl.
                          Please explain how that isn't relevant. Many teams and fans would kill for that kind of success. We aren't talking fantasy football here, we are talking real Football... and real football is about winning games.

But if you want to continue showing how ignorant you are... go ahead.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Erik Kramer's son died of a heroin overdose. Merry Christmas.

Comment

• 99 yard touchdown reception Victor Cruz

aww he's going to get fined. He posted on facebook after that play.
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 24, 2011, 15:48.

Comment

• Jerome Simpson can not only dive like a soccer player, he's an endzone gymnast.

Comment

Working...
                                X