Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too early to say "Que the comeback" or "Que the colapse"?

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Evidently.

Did you see the displayed stat that Romo, over his career to date, has the 3rd highest QB rating in NFL history? There were a lot of career stats displayed that illustrate that for all the "research" Al does, he's full of crap.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• To be fair, Romo has had some classic meltdowns late in games. I don't care what a player's QB rating is if he folds in crunch time.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I've said it many times that Antonio Ramiro Romo is one of the greatest regular season, 3 quarters, and games that don't matter QB's in history. I actually like Romo. He's an undrafted guy who's accurate as hell and mobile. He just chokes under pressure.

Let's look Romo's Decembers:

2006 (2-3):
          95/157 1247yds 6TD 8INT 77.1Rate

2007 (2-2):
          83/138 859yds 3TD 5INT 70.3Rate

2008 (1-3):
          84/150 889yds 5TD 6INT 67.9Rate

(really? 14TD to 19INT in 3 Decembers!)

2009 (3-2):
          131/191 1550yds 9TD 2INT 104.4Rate

2010 (injured), 2011 (pending though he is playing fantasically)

And in the playoffs (1-3):
          80/135 832yds 4TD 2INT 80.8Rate

To sum, that's 27TDs 23INTs and a 81.5 QB rating and a 9-13 record in December and the playoffs, buoyed by the elite 2009 December campaign.

To be fair to Romo, that superb 2009 December was his last December played until this year so he may have turned that leaf over. He was ****ing terrible in December previously, though, for 3 straight years and that is a fact, regardless of what his career numbers say.
          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 18, 2011, 05:52.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I also find it interesting how Sloww keeps doing the same thing. I bring up something about how the Cowboys have been collapsing in the 4th quarter like crazy this season and he brings up Romo's career numbers. What the hell? You keep doing this, Sloww. Do you realize it's not relevant?
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 18, 2011, 05:50.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He had thrown 8 TD's and zero interceptions over the last 3 games, going into last night.

Go work your ass off some more gathering isolated stats.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Typical Bears. After a 3 and out, defense stops Seahawks and gets ball back but on the three. They actually complete a pass on third down but Johnny Knox fumbles it and gets injured (hope he is OK) and turns it over. Next play Seattle gets it to the one but defense holds them to FG. However, a leverage personal foul is called giving Hawks 1st and goal and they get a TD. I don't quite understand the leverage penalty. Yeah, you can't push yourself up using another player but this is a call where if you leap up and then don't come down on the ground it's a 15 yard penalty? How can you control where you come down???

Comment

• That's what we've been looking for. A score by the defense!!

Comment

• *looks at Eli Manning's stat-line*

*looks at Aaron Rodgers' stat-line*

What the flying ****?

Comment

• For those who come in later and don't know what I'm talking about.

As of halftime* in both games, Eli and Rodgers have each thrown for exactly 59 yards on exactly 6 completions. Eli is 6/15 with a pick and Rodgers is 6/17. What the ****?

*I spoke too soon. Eli completed another pass (7/17) but the point stands, they're both strangely sucking it up on their respective games.
                      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 18, 2011, 15:38.

Comment

• Actually Eli has been like that for a few weeks. He is lousy in first half and gets better in second half. I know because he is one of my fantasy QB's. It Rodgers that is unusual. They are actually losing to the Chiefs, thought I don't expect that to last.

Comment

• This is one of the things I don't like about Hanie. He doesn't know when to just take the sack. He was in the defenders grasp and throws it right to another lineman. Idiot!!

Comment

• The Giants blow almost as much as the Bears do.

In other news, Reggie Bush has now posted back-to-back-to-back 100 rushing yard games (yes, 3 straight; Reggie Bush). He has 4 on the year after having only one the 5 previous seasons.

Comment

• Yea, Bears have chance to get back in to it with Giants losing but offense sucks again today and defense playing lousy in second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                                Yea, Bears have chance to get back in to it with Giants losing but offense sucks again today and defense playing lousy in second half.
                                Well, they might beat the Packers after all

Comment

Working...
                                X